gtat has adware, and heres PROOF

gtat has adware in it. everytime u run the prog a nice HIDDEN browser comes up that makes u go to a site where it gives draco money. i realize u wont just take my word for it so heres my proof

deathb-screen.JPG

and heres how to do it

[This hacking guide is no longer needed]

if you guys want to support this SCAM then you can go ahead. i dont care about having a visible popup, but when they try and hide a browser that gives them money out of your enjoyment then i start to get pissed. fuck gtat, no matter how good it is im not touching it. if you guys wanna then go ahead.

Very good find DeathB.

Personally I'm disgusted. Until now I'd seen GTAT as healthy competition, with its own track record of offering much and delivering little. But slipping something like that in and hiding it is unforgivable. GTAT will never be installed on my machines, not even out of interest for what is achieved. I prefer to know if someone's making money out of me.

i noticed that when you follow deathb's instuctions . the first time you try to enter the page . a quick message appears . that might be just sayid "redirecting" or something . but it might be a "clue" to the "mystery"

if someone speaks this language , try to translate it.

Umm, well, it goes kind of fast. I know a tiny bit of German and might be able to translate bits and pieces of it, or understand it a bit. I'll try. And I do not like that he hid this and broke even more trust.

EDIT: Some copy/paste the message in here. Adaware got rid of the pop-up and now it won't show again.

Edited by Guest

I just want to add my 2 cents into this conversation.

Please read EVERYTHING before you reply to this

I don't see anything wrong with adware, programs like gamespy use it all the time to support their program. But I see why some people do no want to use gtat anymore. Before installing gamespy, they make you aware of the adware; GTAT does not. It gives people a sense of mistrust towards the program. No one likes stuff hidden away from them!

What I'm pretty much saying is that I think people who do not want to use it shouldnt use it not because of the adware, its because of draco not informing us that adware was inside the program.

Disaster's right . I mean i know it would sound weird . but if he sayid like "I will install this here so i can get a small ammount of money and pay for my expences on gtat" im sure people would understand . but hidding it .... same thing as installing a backdoor on your pc without you knowing ... :roll: i dint know gtat could be this low ...

P.S : Posty . i scanned it with adaware too ... so . i cant see it anymore ...

also i was usrfing aroudn the gtat forum and i found this . i belive it was posty that made it :

http://www.gtatboard.de/wbboard/thread.php?threadid=1043&boardid=42&styleid=6&sid=85bc5663b88ceefeb1db366246a61b01

P.S : Posty . i scanned it with adaware too ... so . i cant see it anymore ...

also i was usrfing aroudn the gtat forum and i found this . i belive it was posty that made it :

http://www.gtatboard.de/wbboard/thread.php?threadid=1043&boardid=42&styleid=6&sid=85bc5663b88ceefeb1db366246a61b01

Yea, I was the one who made that. I want a good answer from dracoblue. And I also want him to post a warning in the installer for the Final version.

Fuck dracoblue. I would understand if he said he is making money off it, but he decided to hid it. Fuck him man.. I dont care HOW good gtat is, hes not getting a fucking dime outta me man. dracoblue is just a greedy bitch, i knew from day one it was a fake.. oh yeah sure it works, yep it works.. and when you get in ACTUAL game THERE IS SO MANY BUGS.. its not even funny.. most of the time you cant get in the car, sync issues.. players invisible.. fuck gtat, dracoblue can goto fucking hell.

EDIT: oh and by the way, I bet none of us will ever see dracoblue again. I bet he'll take the site down, take the dl links down, nothing of gtat will be left, he will just disapear.. watch i garuntee that he wont make one post/news post about this.

EDIT2: and yes, for those who are wondering, yes there is get out car animations, and yes the boats are syncd (but they go invisible after like 5 seconds).

personally - I think that no money should really ever be made off these projects... especially in the way its been done

I really hope to hear draco's response to this at some time

I dont run gamespy (adware) but run ase instead, and I try to limit the amount of adware and spyware in my pc as much as possible

Unfortunantly I wont be touching gtat until I see the adware removed or some sort of explanation :cry: