MTA Game Time

If it just synced the weather right when you joined it'd eventually get off a bit, due to lag/frame rate problems. Some guy running at 10 frames per second, and another at 70+ frames per second, different time syncs.

But what we're talking is not sending the weather info every second . just send it once when you entere the server . and then .... your computer will run it by it selfe . Altho your right that it might get off a bit . since some people's pc are slow . or have slow loading .

Thanx Mr.Bumb :D

Just finished testing time sync for tonight and it would seem weather / traffic lights are not synced with time.

And yes, it sends the current time to the client on connection and then the client handles your time onwards from that.

I think the weather is actually set global because:

1.) Since only the surrounding scenery is seen in singleplayer, why should there be another wheater situation calculated on another part of the city.

2.) It would have been more work for R* for nothing (already mentioned)

3.) It's very likely that in a normal city the wheater is everywhere the same.

Maybe you should lock the wheater clientside somehow (overwrite the corresponding adresses looping) and calculate it serverside (random seed). Then, when the server wheater changes, the client will lock the wheater to another state.

Just finished testing time sync for tonight and it would seem weather / traffic lights are not synced with time.

Are you planning to sync these anyway?

We may me able to sync weather, but traffic lights i'm unsure of.

Are you planning to sync these anyway?

We may me able to sync weather, but traffic lights i'm unsure of.

Traffic lights probably wouldn't be worth it anyway.

Traffic lights would have been nice, if only for starting races, but then a player can always use !countdown for that on most servers. But its a pretty minor detail to spend too much effort syncing, as said before we'd hoped they where syncd to time, they are in a way but not as we had thought.

But game time sync is working so far as riso said, and we shall try to get weather syncd next using an alternative method.

well i think syncing trafic lights just to start races is useless. i think this because since everyone will have the same time they can just say "ok, everyone go when the clock gets to 5:40" or whatever time. the traffic lights are pretty useless. maybe even put the !countdown in the server.exe and in the config for the mta server have an option to turn the script on or off so that more servers will have countdown (because some are lazy and dont feel like installing it :wink: )

Exactly. Timed events are possible with synched time. Start a race every 6 minutes (6 GTA-hours) for example. It definitely opens up a lot of possibilities. Synching weather using time is only one of them.