GtaTournament 0.5-LAN-BETA

but a very crappy beta

My, we ARE hypocrites, aren't we? =)

The thing is quite good, however there are a large number of strange bugs/errors with it.

Player damage/position/whateveryoucalit appears to have been moved server-side, which leads to some odd bugs, but does remove the need to aim ahead.

The interface/basic layout needs a lot of work before they can release it, as it is rather unintuitive.

The beta looks promising, however a lot of work still needs to be done before it's ready to be released as a stable test version that people can use.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but a very crappy beta

The thing is quite good, however there are a large number of strange bugs/errors with it.

Player damage/position/whateveryoucalit appears to have been moved server-side, which leads to some odd bugs, but does remove the need to aim ahead.

The interface/basic layout needs a lot of work before they can release it, as it is rather unintuitive.

The beta looks promising, however a lot of work still needs to be done before it's ready to be released as a stable test version that people can use.

Yep , your totaly right . Hope they fix most of these bugs in the final release . I have a friend who's on gtawo team . and they got the final (since gtawo is working with gtat) and i talked to him . he sayid the final is MUCH better than the lan beta . thank god :)

but a very crappy beta

yes and no

If someone said here is my lan multiplayer and it has some bugs but it's pretty good then I would say that ppl are wrong to slam it.

but.

Read the Features promised 6 months ago by GTAT and compare it to what you are trying out now. Draco had to know back when he created this high bar that he would be judged harshly 6 months later if it didn't measure up.

Here are a few select quotes

There is an new Featurelist. There looks great

and (@ the paper) its(0.5) top MTA 0.2 !

Draco say, there are some new confidential Features.

We have to wait...

Look @ the Page!

Some Feature Examples:

- Ingame Menu

- 96Player Support

- All Animations synched

DracoBlue doesn't have a good reputation with completing his features,

He doesn't seem to have any hurry with uploading (more) screenies/movies too.. so...

What we see is what we get

yeah. I remember when they used to have an awesome feature list that had apparently been finished. then when it was released all those cool features magically disappeared. :roll:

I'll believe it when its released

(I have no doubt all those features will be there eventually, just it would take way too long, esp. going by the current progress counter)

Hegel was right when he said that we learn from history that man can never learn anything from history.
tell me one feature he promised that isnt in gtat right now? comon tell me

Don't throw underhand Deathb it's too easy to hit. :lol:

Send me the client and meet me online with 94 of your closest friends. Cya tonight.... umm.... well.... guess we can't

Ok well what is your definition of synced? Do you have to see a car to believe it's there? Does synced weather count when the sky is purple?

Ah what the hell I have read the bug reports you tell me

What from that feature list has been delivered? Is he waiting for technology to catch up to his ideas. When we all have 10 gig processors we can play this mod easy I can't wait

Cya in MTA tonight, buddy 8)

I would say that all features on the "feature list" is on the game . But as i said before ... Yes they are there but they need more work . OK the animations ... Yes i see people walking and stuff . But look again . 75%of the time they are slidding like in mta ... This is one of many things that it is included but needs more work . I made a little movie of me playing on lan . and noticed something . lets say mta has the animations 5/10 complete . gtat has them 6/10 (on lan version) the animations only work for front , left , right , and back . And i also did a little movie on mta . The animations on mta is almost identical . cause sometimes you see the player walk . (in gtat) when you go like to the front and then left at the same time . the player starts to slide . and i belive no one in gta walks like the sims people :) . Draco made movies of playes walking and stuff . but notice something . they only walk straigh . SOMETIMES the anymations work to the side .

It's reasonable why Draco needs more time to build in those features, he is 1 coder and MTA has more coders, so they can code more things faster.

:?: Now my big question

Someone posted, that the gta wo team got the final version and it runs very good...

But why do we get a lan-beta which has quite a lot of bugs?

Is Draco developing 2 versions of it because for example on the gta wo screens with gtaT they can drive boats and with lan beta it's almost impossible (wasted, position reseted) :?:

It's reasonable why Draco needs more time to build in those features, he is 1 coder and MTA has more coders, so they can code more things faster.

:?: Now my big question

Someone posted, that the gta wo team got the final version and it runs very good...

But why do we get a lan-beta which has quite a lot of bugs?

Is Draco developing 2 versions of it because for example on the gta wo screens with gtaT they can drive boats and with lan beta it's almost impossible (wasted, position reseted) :?:

God damnit, don't spread rumors. The GtaT 0.5F hasn't even been developed yet. What you guys see released is the current GtaT 0.5 state. Now, the FULL betas (with full netplay without having to do addserver) were about just the same, but they crashed a bit less at the time. But after I got GtaT 0.5a workin and stuff, it reminded me of the betas we had. But the full ones didn't have some of the bugs, but the new one has alot less of the annoying bugs. So just don't spread rumors people. What you see is the current dev of GtaT.

Don't throw underhand Deathb it's too easy to hit. :lol:

Send me the client and meet me online with 94 of your closest friends. Cya tonight.... umm.... well.... guess we can't

Ok well what is your definition of synced? Do you have to see a car to believe it's there? Does synced weather count when the sky is purple?

Ah what the hell I have read the bug reports you tell me

What from that feature list has been delivered? Is he waiting for technology to catch up to his ideas. When we all have 10 gig processors we can play this mod easy I can't wait

Cya in MTA tonight, buddy 8)

uh why don't you get 96 people and test it if you don't belive it can work?

the invisable cars are quite cleary there in my opinion, as you have to walk around them

and, now correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm dam sure the sky is purple on everyones at teh same time...

and wow, i have a comptuer which isn't even 1 gig, a measly amount of ram and it does actually run it (and gta runs almost smoothly) when people connect to a server i tried and with me playing, i have to ask, have you ever said to someone on mta forum to chill or whatever because its only a beta? if you have flamed mta for having bugs then i understand why u flame gtat all the time

there was a time when i didn't prefer gtat over mta, and from the program side of things, i still don't say either one sux, but from the people who use the forums i'm starting to dislike mta because of the users who aren't making a mp mod

at the end of the day people who keep flaming the mod developrs are just gonna cause them to stop making free mods which are for everyones enjoyment, if i kept being told something i was doing was crap i'd just think, well if no ones gonna use it why bother even though i know i could do it.

uh why don't you get 96 people and test it if you don't belive it can work?

the invisable cars are quite cleary there in my opinion, as you have to walk around them

and, now correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm dam sure the sky is purple on everyones at teh same time...

You can prove me wrong. Get 40 ppl to play I will be one of them. I know this is just a pre release and he isn't done yet but that is my point. He can claim whatever he wants and then deliver anything a half a year later and not worry about it because he has you here to give him a pass.

i have to ask, have you ever said to someone on mta forum to chill or whatever because its only a beta? if you have flamed mta for having bugs then i understand why u flame gtat all the time

I have never flamed GTAT I am just keeping them honest. I am perfectly willing to give them credit where credit is due. I coudn't dream of accomplishing what he has but it in no way compares to MTA at this point

at the end of the day people who keep flaming the mod developrs are just gonna cause them to stop making free mods which are for everyones enjoyment, if i kept being told something i was doing was crap i'd just think, well if no ones gonna use it why bother even though i know i could do it.

If you have read my comments you would not stop making mods you would just do what you can say and say what you can do. If there was no MTA what he is doing would be groundbreaking instead it's just... been done.

this version was stated lan only from the begining. the fact that players are on the net doesnt mean hes gonna support them with 96 people. if you can set up a lan to test that many people then go for it champ.

this version was stated lan only from the begining. the fact that players are on the net doesnt mean hes gonna support them with 96 people. if you can set up a lan to test that many people then go for it champ.

You don't know how to quote but I will assume you are talking to Steadyvex because I never suggested the test he did.

I know it's a sneak preview and not his final release and I don't expect it to be the cat's pajamas (as all the young kids say these days)

My point is simply that you cannot make claims like that and build expectations without having ppl question the wiseness of those claims made 6 months + ago...

How many ppl have you seen threaten MTA by saying how great GTAT will be and they are leaving MTA for GTAT? You did it too, remember your gang is a GTAT gang.... and now you want MTA gangleader status again.

The MTA team are too polite and busy I am sure to point these things out so I am. I hope Draco makes GTAT the best multiplayer mod ever and it's a wonderful place to play Vice City/San Andreas.... But, It still remains to be seen

I don't really want to get into this bitch thread, but to point out the obvious ...

- All Animations synched --> some yes, but not all

- ingame console

- Scoreboard (+Extra Informations)

- more than one guy in one car

The MTA team are too polite and busy I am sure to point these things out so I am

Or just try not to get involved ....

I don't see the point in arguing about this... After doing some tests with the new core we are designing, I'd say GTAT doesn't have a hope in meeting the bar we are setting up. This is not to say anything about Draco's abilities, he has done a FINE job with his mod. However his design approach differs greatly with the new direction we are heading, as we have realized many of hte limitations which he has created for himself.

Good luck to GTAt, and I hope he can continue to provide some sort of competition for us, (though we do not officially say we are competing, there is an underlying force that we have to do our very best to keep our fans)... but in all honesty, I think GTAT is going to trail behind.

Kent

I don't see the point in arguing about this... After doing some tests with the new core we are designing, I'd say GTAT doesn't have a hope in meeting the bar we are setting up. This is not to say anything about Draco's abilities, he has done a FINE job with his mod. However his design approach differs greatly with the new direction we are heading, as we have realized many of hte limitations which he has created for himself.

Good luck to GTAt, and I hope he can continue to provide some sort of competition for us, (though we do not officially say we are competing, there is an underlying force that we have to do our very best to keep our fans)... but in all honesty, I think GTAT is going to trail behind.

Kent

I think the new news post was partially to prove that. Check the aiming pic. The only things I truly think GTAT beats MTA in is aiming accuracy and boats. The boats ARE well synched I will tell you. I did a lap around East Island with {ULK}Posty and we were totally synched the whole time.

Hope MTA gets those boats going soon. It will be interesting to have em in.

Well, at least it proves that boats are possible, and hopefully will spur the MTA team into including them. I didn't really like them in single player because it was pretty boring with just the open sea, but with other players in boats, it sounds quite fun. :D

hum boats worked for you ???, i started an sevrer, joining it, the 0.5b, and boats just dosnt work at all, i enter on of them, drive 5 meters and bamm, the boat get back to the port, and get stuck :S...lots of things need fix :\

yeah i get the same.

BTW guys if you addserver then some internet ip you can join and play over the net :) and if you did not know GTAT Beta 0.5b is out.

yeh i know its out. but it has the same prob that iv had all along. whenever i even try and run gtat the second i get ingame the framerate slows down to like 0.1 fps, and goes up to maybe 1fps at best. this is unplayable as far as im concerned and considering my system specs:

2.4c pentium4

1gb ddr400 ram

sbaudigy platinum pro

radeon 9000 pro

msi 648f

comcast internet

bla bla bla i shouldnt get lag in vice city AT ALL. considering i do it really ticks me off. but oh well i seem to be the only one that has this prob i keep hearing. so lemme know what u guys think ;P

yeh i know its out. but it has the same prob that iv had all along. whenever i even try and run gtat the second i get ingame the framerate slows down to like 0.1 fps, and goes up to maybe 1fps at best. this is unplayable as far as im concerned and considering my system specs:

2.4c pentium4

1gb ddr400 ram

sbaudigy platinum pro

radeon 9000 pro

msi 648f

comcast internet

bla bla bla i shouldnt get lag in vice city AT ALL. considering i do it really ticks me off. but oh well i seem to be the only one that has this prob i keep hearing. so lemme know what u guys think ;P

I had the same problem as you. To fix it, I had to turn off my firewall and that fixed it.