Features that MTA is missing.

Bugs

Is it me or would RP servers in particular thrive on some features that are in SA:MP but not in Multi Theft Auto as of right now? The only real thing that separates MTA and SA:MP roleplay servers at this point is the most basic of features. There are some things that just make roleplay on SA:MP feel a lot better limited interface and lack of scripting capabilities.

MTA has such undivided potential when it comes to the development of heavy roleplay game-modes but ever since vG's collapse the RP scene on here has been rather lackluster. I know of a few people who are currently developing game-modes and they have spoken about how great it would be to have basic features similar to that of SA:MP.

One of the things that would benefit roleplay servers is the addition of handcuffs and the animations that go along with it (i.e. hands behind back while standing or sitting). Along with this, the addition of police vests, which is possible but extremely difficult to get right, would also be exemplary. As of current the only way to implement police vests or similar objects is to have it overwrite an existing file in the servers gta3.img. It would be great if scripters could add their own custom objects into the server and then use them without overwriting anything, that feature alone would allow for endless possibilities.

Along with what is stated above, a function to set the character limit when somebody is typing would be awesome. When I'm on roleplay servers I often find myself having to bring even the shortest /me onto another line which annoys me and others I have spoken with.

Feel free to leave constructive criticism below or add onto these suggestions.

Along with what is stated above, a function to set the character limit when somebody is typing would be awesome. When I'm on roleplay servers I often find myself having to bring even the shortest /me onto another line which annoys me and others I have spoken with.

I suppose you can overwrite or disable the chatbox 'T' key bind and re-draw the text box to allow anything you want. Alternatively, you can disable the chat box altogether and draw your own.

One of the things that would benefit roleplay servers is the addition of handcuffs and the animations that go along with it (i.e. hands behind back while standing or sitting)

MTA doesn't support loading custom animations at the moment, unless there are any built-in animations for it, you'll have to wait (it once did, but it was removed due to issues caused by it and I suppose it's still being worked on).

There are built in animations for being handcuffed in GTASA, SAMP does not have its own animation file.

Are you sure about that? I have never found an animation on MTA about being handcuffed like in the videos that SAMP shows.

It's definitely there. I've seen it.

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Animations

Search for "handsup", "ARRESTgun", there's a few others if you use the right key words. You need to know the animation name.

• 5 months later...

The handcuff animation does not exist in MTA standard animations list. Though, It is only the torso part of the Bike passenger animation. BIKED -> Biked_passenger.

SAMP uses the same animation list as MTA. So, this animation doesn't exist in SAMP aswell. It only exists as a special action

SetPlayerSpecialAction or something like that.

However, I am supporting this idea and I fully hope this to be added in the future MTA SA versions. Since it can just make a script with over 50 lines to a script with 1 line.

Regards,

diegonese.

I guess everything is not really needed. There are hands up animations in MTA that even let you handsup while in vehicle, but however, custom animations is a feature that, as we all know, is missing into MTA. With the objects ID thing, there are a lot of unused IDs and even, you can use the same object model for a lot of custom models you'd need, using shaders. However, it is missing also into the MTA world. The chatbox one, if you aren't happy with the current MTA chatbox, you can always create your own one really, so I don't see a valid reason for this to be honest.

The first two that I mentioned, we all agree that they're features that should really make MTA even better, but there's actually stuff that has more priority. Got two links that you may want to check:

Custom animations support bugmantis issue

"Adding the opportunity to add new IDs"