San Andreas confirmed (01/03/2004 @ 16:27 CET) by Blokker

Blokker_1999

I read that R* was going to build the game from scratch this time with new engine and everything!! wtf! i dont want the same engine. That means they can only barely improve the graphics cuz they gotta make the game for ps2.

damn, f* sony, their holding back the game!!

Don't know about you, but I really liked that Vice City is in 80s. Liberty city became extremely boring for me, and haven't installed any of those modern car modes on my Vice City simply because they don't fit and they aren't as good as those that are already in the game.

+ I liked the music.

All in all, I'd be fun to play in let's say 60s-70s. But I'm pretty sure San Andreas will take place in today's Sun Francisco, not in the past.

Don't know about you, but I really liked that Vice City is in 80s. Liberty city became extremely boring for me, and haven't installed any of those modern car modes on my Vice City simply because they don't fit and they aren't as good as those that are already in the game.

+ I liked the music.

All in all, I'd be fun to play in let's say 60s-70s. But I'm pretty sure San Andreas will take place in today's Sun Francisco, not in the past.

Yeah - looking at that font, I'm going to go out on a limb and say GTA:SA is set in the 70s. Bring it on!

^ And then we'd download a nice small 700meg smc file or something and get playing again eh? What a brilliant idea!

Also,

under that reasoning, GTA3MTA would have supported VC right off the bat. No, R* does have done things with the engine since GTA3, and I imagine the switch from VC to SA, will be no different. But we do have an understanding now of the similarities between both GTA3 and VC, and we can expect SOME things to be similar, but there will still be a lot of work required.

No one said you'd just plug it in and it would work like that. I said compatible, as in able to work with some modification or other. And besides the change from from VC to SA won't necessarily be as big as that GTA3 to VC. You might get a break, who knows?

And then we'd download a nice small 700meg smc file or something and get playing again eh? What a brilliant idea!

is that sarcasm? because i recently downloaded 2 gigs and it took about 2 and a half hours 700 wouldnt be bad at all.

but anyways, personaly i liked GTA 3 better than VC because VC was just TOO flat, no hills almost no jumpes. but i cnat play GTA with out the bokes helicopters and shooting tires, so i wont play GTA 3, i wish there was a mod that would just add thoes aspects into GTA 3, popible tires, motor bikes, and heli's

about MTA: you ain't seen noting yet

i hope ur not just making us curious cause i think MTA is already great and if it would get even better, that would just be awesome!! keep up the good job guys, you make the waiting for GTA:SA a lot less hard because i just keep playing MTA over and over again.

P.S.: i'm really looking forward to GTA:SA

about MTA: you ain't seen noting yet

I second that.

You see?

These slight statments are more exciting to me than a big feature list posted by others because of track record. They have already gained my trust so I believe what they say.

I think that even if this new game or another new game has multiplayer support they will put limits on it. Time limits or some other boundries. We who have experienced MTA will now stand for that so there will still be a need for this type of game.

But as I recall Mr.Bump saying they will not put multiplayer on this verision because it is in a contract with SONY and they will not release a PC version that will make the PS2 version obsolete like the multiplayer version would.

Unless it has multiplayer on PS2 but that seems unlikely

Don't know about you, but I really liked that Vice City is in 80s.

Thats the best part of it IMHO.....otherwise i am not interested in ANY version coming out on the PS2 since i do not HAVE a PS2, nor intend to BUY one.

My PC's graphic card alone costs more than a PS2...and i have very high demands on technical quality of a game and gameplay. I guess (even if my PC already is FAR from 'state of the art' anymore) it can smoke a few PS2s for breakfast. (Regarding speed, game resolution etc.)

I also dont know wheter i'd be interested in a GTA which i set in the 50s or 60s.....

Just as a sidenote: In my opinio MTA;VC is the f****g best and fun multiplayer game out there - i was spending a week or so with some other online FPS and started playing MTA:VCagin and cant believe how much fun MTA is compared to the 10000000st stupid boring FPS out there.

Also, i havent played VC (although only at the beginning with it !)anymre since i play MTA:VC...i just wish that the engine woud be a bit more up-to date (eg better textures and such)...but otherwise still *nothing* beats the fun i have playing MTA:VC !! You guys definetly deserve some awarrd, too...alone for the stupidity of R *not* to include any multiplayer....we have the 2000s and (IMHO) a game without multiplayer is NOTHING. And not ALL multiplayer/network games must be stupid boring boom-boom FPS games...MTA:VC is the best proof for it ! :)

• 1 month later...
ermm iz there gona b ne mods 4 the nxt gta and r y gona make mta online 4 it if it comes on PC

Well, the other games didn't have proper mod support, yet people still modded them, so yeah. And I don't see why the team wouldn't make MTA:SA (unless there were technical limitations, which there shouldn't be because it's the same engine).