San Andreas confirmed (01/03/2004 @ 16:27 CET) by Blokker

Blokker_1999

• MTA Team

Rockstar Games finally made it public, the next GTA title will be Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas. It will be available on October 19 in the states and 3 days later in Europe and will be exclusivly available on the Playstation 2 platform.

"In the past couple of years, we have put an enormous amount of pressure on ourselves to ensure we do everything possible to exceed people’s expectations with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas,” stated Sam Houser, President of Rockstar Games. “Even though we still have eight months to go, we are starting to become very proud of what we have achieved and we can’t wait to get the game into players’ hands."

Leslie Benzies, President of Rockstar North, stated, "We are extremely humbled by the success of the Grand Theft Auto series and it has made us push ourselves further than ever to create a title in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that will hopefully redefine the Grand Theft Auto series and revolutionize open-ended gameplay and video game production values."

It is not yet known if the new episode in this franchise will have multiplayer support, nor are any other new features mentionned in the press release. We will keep you guys informed as the story develops.

gtasa.gif

Edited by Guest

I suppose we should be grudgingly grateful for that. It gives them time to eradicate bugs and gauge players' reactions to the game in order to deliver and much better and more polished version for PC (hopefully with multiplayer).

NO lets hope it will not have mp, so mta won't die :P

It's not that I want MTA to die, it's just that MTA is limited by the fact that they are essentially hacking the game. An official one would be better in this respect, as it would not be as limited.

Not that I'm flaming MTA - they've taken full advantage of the limitations.

Edited by Guest

I’m sure there will be another pc version.. They don’t usually state it at first.. but we usually have a date for pc for the pc release by the time the console version is out... usually 6 months after the console release.. So :C may 2005 possibly... (Going on release dates of GTA3 and Vice City)

And also.. Going on the fact that GTA3 and vice city have been released for xbox.. I wouldn’t be surprised if 12-18months after GTA:SA is released... we see a port :P

And yes.. I do hope there will be multiplayer support in GTA:SA because although MTA is awesome.. Its very buggy and is only limited because its hack.. and they really have done the best possible under the condtions... great job guys..

rockstar games could fulfill our fantasies if they wanted to... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I’m hoping..

BTW.. MTA CREW... U GUYS ARE AWSOME:!:

PS2 exclusive just means it "won't" appear on Xbox/GC

It DOESn'T mean it won't come out on PC.

Because it WILL come out for PC. Just about half a year / a year after the PS2 version comes out... this is simply because it takes time to port the game over.

The previous two games came out for XBOX semi-recently because they found a loophole in the contract with Sony.. thus they managed to release the XBOX version.

Lol the day they release it for the PS2, they'll start working on the PC port if not earlier; gaming industry isn't playing around when it comes to cash. It'll just be a month or two before they say anything about it to keep Sony's crowd happy for a while and milk as much out of the console vers as they can. Like always the PC port will be a bit better.

BTW some1 said "wow they're pumpin them out every year!". As Bump noted in some other thread, the deal was with Sony for three GTA games with the same engine exclusive to the PS2 (at first), so I'm guessing they rushed this one out even sooner cause they wanted to be over with it. I'll bet the coders will have grown sick of it and will never want to see it again after this; I know I would.

PS: BTW I wouldn't bet on MP for this one either...

Edit:

PPS: My money's on that MTA will be compatible with GTA:SA right off the bat :P! I mean we are talking about the same game internally, ain't we?

Of course it'll port it.But like with the previous titles it'll take about 6 months to a year till it comes out.I mean look at True Crime.The pc version of it was supposed to come out at the same time the other versions were released.A couple of weeks later they announced the pc version again,which now is supposed to come out in a month or two.Now the Driver 3 guys and Atari are the only one's that aren't making the same mistake like the other two publishers etc.I am sure that they'll come up with something new and refreshing to suprise us with.But it'll be a bitch to compete with these two other games though.

PPS: My money's on that MTA will be compatible with GTA:SA right off the bat ! I mean we are talking about the same game internally, ain't we?

under that reasoning, GTA3MTA would have supported VC right off the bat. No, R* does has done things w/ the engine since GTA3, and I imagine the switch from VC to SA, will be no different. But we do have an understanding now of hte similarities between both GTA3 and VC, and we can expect SOME things to be similar, but there will still be a lot of work required.

Kent

Their may be alot of work required but you can pull it off....then again...we gotta wait another year until the pc relese....lol

ps: why does everybody hate the ps2 version? personally i like the ps2 version.....cauze its faster then my comp...lol :lol:

Their may be alot of work required but you can pull it off....then again...we gotta wait another year until the pc relese....lol

ps: why does everybody hate the ps2 version? personally i like the ps2 version.....cauze its faster then my comp...lol :lol:

Well , you just answered your own question lol . My pc makes vc actually seem faster than the ps2 (no long loading and stuff) And also on the pc , you can control "better" and moddifie the game