And its GTA: San Andreas coming in October

[jX]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the end they are a company, and will resort to what makes them money...they only do it to coax people into buying a ps2 really...then when they finally get it, it comes out on pc...then mta comes out for it and you buy the pc version too...see how evil these people can be ;P

hey hey,,,,R* never never ever tried to make GTA realistic to a certain level.

Sure mafia has some advantages over gta but thats not the point of Gta.

In mafia u kill a cop...no one sees and thats that....Gta is about the free roam and the chases...(like driv3r)

If gta was more realistic it would take the fun out of the game and it would turn into a more straticic game

Not so fast :).

Sometimes I wonder what it'd be like to work in Rockstar or other game companies.

Good reason - cool, GTA, and no one knows anything about it, its plot or how it will look like, and I know and even played the alpha!

On the other hand - you already know all the plot, scripts, have textured the models, know probable bugs. It's like you know all the games' "internal organs", how it's built, and others will enjoy it from the beginning, believing the game, live it, when for you it's just a piece of code and bunch of models and textures.

Nah.. I don't wanna work there, or at least work on GTA. :)

-------

About Mafia - quite possible. But I respect Mafia's realism, since it is what I look for in the games - freedom, cars, shooting and realism.

Any game with open ended game play is a good game, but some are better than others. GTA (all of em in General) appeal coz there all set relitivly close or at this current time period. GTA3 was, and still is a brilliant game, it has the best city out of Liberty and Vice, but VC has the better story line, and now characters have more life and there are slightly more cars and the Property Ladder part of the game. I think this is what they r gonna do in San Andrea's (Ransom's right, Sin City would be great especially at the Property ladder part, but I think it lacks Gangs. Its more Drunken petty crime that Organised Crime), combine a Liberty city like city and enter a good story line mixed in with all and more options from VC. Also, in San Andreas you can bring back the Triads and maybe... just maybe bring back EL BURRO! (He first appeared in GTA1 San Andreas, came back in GTA3 and got a mention from Diaz in VC (That bit where the VCR "eats" his tape). Thats why I like im, most popular character in GTA).

I never play Mafia, so im making no comment... :)

What I didn't like in GTA3 was small number of cars (comparing to Vice City of course) and smaaall map.

I hope they'll make the map of San Andreas even bigger than Vice City and add more cars (especially those "middle class" ones, not just like supercars; I really enjoy a REAL city, with all of those poor and slow cars. I'd be really great to have bicycles there, and twice as many or even more bikes than Vice City does).

This is what GTA Warehouse says:

Current Announcement

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Confirmed and Dated

After registering a number of potential Grand Theft Auto titles earlier this year, Rockstar Games has today confirmed that the next game in the series will be Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. A Playstation 2 exclusive, the game is currently scheduled for release in North America on October 19 and in Europe on October 22.

Discuss this in the forums

Preorder now to avoid disappointment

Now, do we beleive them??

Now, do we beleive them??

Yeah, I expect they will release either on those dates or near them due to the fact that they are still using the same (perhaps slightly modified) engine, so it's not as if there will be massive bugs to fix.

I wish that game developers would take the Max Payne 2 approach, whereby it was announced 2 months before it was due to be released and arrived on time to a surprised (and hyped) audience.

Well remember, all release dates are Subject to change, just look at how late Half Life 2 is and Driv3r was sceduled for 2002. Its only a few that acctually make it on time or earlier, Call of Duty was a month ahead of Scedule... and I can't think of others. Mabey, they get half way through the Project then scrap it because of the imminant arrival of the PS3! All are possiblities, they did it with The Getaway on the PS2.

But from what I heard off that Woman who knows the lead Animator for R* North, they get a large Cash bonus of at least £30 000 if they finish it early, thats what happened with Manhunt. Very Rewarding stuff the Gaming industry. :)

The situation with Half-Life is differen.t It's like with Diablo - they I guess didn't really know when it's going to come out :).

Rockstar, on the other hand, is a responsible company :), and both GTA3 and Vice City came out on time.

It's kind of hard to talk about what you don't know :), but still.

I mean, I don't want to go all Geographical on everybody but think of it this way; the Pacific plate that San Francisco lies on is moving towards Alaska quicker than the North American plate can move (wich is north) therefor, one part of San Francisco is going to get a cold ass within the next few mellenia.

**THAT WAS A VERY SHORT AND SICKENING GEOGRAPHY LESSON BY EL BURRO**