Fraps problem

I have the full version of Fraps 2 (yes, fully paid for) and the framerate appears during the two intro screens (R* and credits), but not in the menus or game proper. I've searched the forums. but couldn't find the same problem. Any ideas?

The weird thing is that when I had the demo version, it worked fine :(

I have the full version of Fraps 2 (yes, fully paid for) and the framerate appears during the two intro screens (R* and credits), but not in the menus or game proper. I've searched the forums. but couldn't find the same problem. Any ideas?

The weird thing is that when I had the demo version, it worked fine :(

I'm just curious. Why rip them when you can get them in perfect quality in the movies folder?

I'm just curious. Why rip them when you can get them in perfect quality in the movies folder?

You seem to be missing the point - Fraps is working in those two intro sequences, but not in the game.

I want to get movies of some in-game footage, but Fraps doesn't show the framerate or respond to F8 (or F10).

You seem to be missing the point - Fraps is working in those two intro sequences, but not in the game.

I want to get movies of some in-game footage, but Fraps doesn't show the framerate or respond to F8 (or F10).

Nope. You didn't get my point. I wasn't trying to help with the problem. I was just curious about why you would wanna rip them when you have them available with the original quality in the movies folder..

Btw. Try other buttons. I use F9, and I have no problems.

Nope. You didn't get my point. I wasn't trying to help with the problem. I was just curious about why you would wanna rip them when you have them available with the original quality in the movies folder..

Btw. Try other buttons. I use F9, and I have no problems.

I'm not trying to rip the intro sequences - please read my previous posts a little more carefully.

I have contacted Fraps support (I actually got a reply from the guy who made it), and it's all fixed. Somehow my version of Direct X was corrupted slightly - I just needed to re-install the latest version.

PS I'm only posting this on here for people who have a similar problem in the future.

I have contacted Fraps support (I actually got a reply from the guy who made it), and it's all fixed. Somehow my version of Direct X was corrupted slightly - I just needed to re-install the latest version.

PS I'm only posting this on here for people who have a similar problem in the future.

I figured you should update your DirectX. :P

And very wise of you to let people know what was wrong in the end. :wink: