Help Re-installing Vice City Please

playguy

Hi.

i recently unistall vice city and install it a again, but i can't, cuz the setups reachs until the middle of the bar, and then asks me about data3.cab.I put the 2 cd, and then it asks me about the data4.cab in the disk 0(yes i don't put it wrong disk 0). So i've searched the disks for a data4.cab.Nothing.Then i delete all files in temp folder and the registry key of vice city.Nothing.And then i've created a data4.cab in the C:\ folder.Now that's the weird part.It asks me about it, i put the place whre's it is, and it acepts, but aasks me about data5.cab.I rename it.It works again.But now it asks me about the data6.cab,data7,data8,data9 and always like that!

Can you help?If you have the data4.cab, can you send it to me?Or else, send me the setup.exe, maybe that's the problem, it can be damaged.

Thanks and sorry for the big text.

Fuxed up copied cd? Cracked downloaded version? Old virtual cd drive software & cd image? IMO either your installer is fubared, or something went wrong in the temp folder transfer so you could try deleting the right subdir before giving it another go. Did you ever setup VC from that disk successfully before? Does is work on another pc now?

K, I'm done playing detective :P.

Fuxed up copied cd? Cracked downloaded version? Old virtual cd drive software & cd image? IMO either your installer is fubared, or something went wrong in the temp folder transfer so you could try deleting the right subdir before giving it another go. Did you ever setup VC from that disk successfully before? Does is work on another pc now?

K, I'm done playing detective :P.

I've got to say, i didn't buy it.Now get from that what you want :wink:

But on the first time it worked.And on another PC it worked.But when i tryed to re-istall on the 1st pc,that happens.What's fubared, and i don't get what you mean by delecting the subdir.

And distopya, acn you explain better what did you have done?

I have the WinMe.

I was thinkin if you guys who have the "real" setup can send it to me, for trying.

Edited by Guest
I've got to say, i didn't buy it.Now get from that what you want

It doesn't matter whether you bought it or not, just as long as you have genuine CDs for it.

I was thinkin if you guys who have the "real" setup can send it to me, for trying.

Sorry, not allowed by forum rules.

I always like genuine copies of any game, when i had the ps1 (bah) to play pirate u had to put ina demo and when the Playstation sign cam up u swpped to demo for the pirate and hoped to god after the 10th time it wud run

Yeah, I buy lots of old games from eBay. They're quite rare, so they cost a fair bit (which is quite annoying as you can download them for free off abandonware sites), yet it's nice to have the proper disk, the proper packaging etc. I dunno... it's just a psychological thing I guess.