Two very odd problems..suggestions?

Chewd

Hey everyone, I'm writing in behalf of a friend tha tI play with who has two very odd probs I haven't seen ont he board yet

1. Everytime I pilot a helicopter and we go over water, he gets disconencted but doesn't happen when he pilots? (and yes, I know someone is going to tell me to be the pilot then)

2. My friend has bene accussed of cheating and I know he's not.. what happens is that 50% of the time when he gets into a helicopter.... he is flying at super speed, then it happens to spread to driving cars and walking around but it only happens after he gets into a helicopter first. Bu tthe part that sux as well is that he drives/flys into building constantly and ides quickly cause it's so fast it's impossible to control?

anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

GTAdude.. I've been at my friends house when this has occured and neither he or I have ever cheated nor plan on it. The game goes out of sync and goes into hyper speed. I'm not sure what other kind of info you need however but will provide whatever I can. The ONLY time this happens is when he first starts a game, goes and grabs a helicopter without ever getting into any other vehicle first, then he starts flying at hyper speed. Then hyper speed applies to cars and being on foot and the only way to get rid of this effect is by restarting VC completely. As far as the helicopter issue and dying when over water, if I am flying and he is the passenger and I fly over any portion of water and hit a part of the map where it has to reload then he crashes and is back at the spawn screen. If we fly over a bridge, he won't crash, but the second I pass the heli over any water and it loads a new section of the map.. boom.. he's dead and I'm flying all alone

OK .

The speed problem . This is the first time i have ever heard of a pc go into hyperspeed ... :?

And i think that the diying over water thing is because he has a very high ping . and when he goes close to the water , the "signal" that his computer sends to yours telling were the heli is . is slow . so there's time for the heli to fall on the water and blow up .

Kinda of what happened to me an IJS yesturday in a helicopter :lol:

I'll have to admit the hyper spee dissue is really odd and I haven't seen a single post about it. I also know it sound like a speed hack but my friend and I are some of the "older" players of MTA and can garuntee that isn't the case. As far as the ping issue, my friend never has a ping above 100 (cable modem) so I'm thinking it has something to due with the videocard (ati radeon 128MB) although he has the latest drivers. We always try to play on servers with 0 tolerance for cheating and as low of a ping as possibel. I appreciate the reply though.... not sure what other info would be relavent. Chewd

Hey everyone, I'm writing in behalf of a friend tha tI play with who has two very odd probs I haven't seen ont he board yet

1. Everytime I pilot a helicopter and we go over water, he gets disconencted but doesn't happen when he pilots? (and yes, I know someone is going to tell me to be the pilot then)

hmm... you're friend huh? :lol: