Big signatures

The images in your signature may not be bigger than 600x150 pixels, without permission from the forum 'operators'

You got permission ? :)

IS this like spam or something ?

Cool..

I didnt know I have maximum size signature.

But this FBI dude signature is larger for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't like those huge banners, signitures which represent personal collections of links etc. Avatar is quite enough, and there's no need to put those wallpapers in signitures (I don't think those server stats are useful either).

yeah umm...

I mean nah

Mine is full of useful links and my partyserver thing is a good link too

Sort of.

But when you have a whole bunch of posts on one page, and all people have those banners with links, it looks like an advertisement board with rare posts in it.

I often get confused when I try to figure out whether what I see is a signature or the actual post..

All in all, I'm against the banners. Links are soso, as long as they don't take more space than your post (it looks more than stange when the post consits of one line of text and there're 10 lines of links afterwards).

To me it's not the colours, or links, or even small to medium-sized banners. Having a slow con, the most frustrating thing for ppl like me is waiting for those >400KB sigs and avies to load for the page to be done. Usually they get cached to the HDD, but every now and then they have to be redownloaded and when that happens you have to wait like 10 mins if there happens to be more than a few of them in some page you're viewing.

I mean some ppl have gone completely overboard with showing off pretty useless or indifferent stuff or whatever they got and frankly I couldn't care less if they got a permission from the admins or their god himself to use them; that's just not what a message board is for. There are even ppl with pics or gifs greater than a meg in size here FFS. Isn't it high time they changed them to something smaller and static? I'd come to the point of hopping that an admin would look into this soon, but sadly no1's cared for at least 1-2 months now.

Bah, enough with this :@.

Kung's sig is just goofy. I mean you'd think he's part of a gay pride march or something :lol:

Thanks I can see where you are coming from thou with all the colors. It has a purpose and it server that purpose. Everything in my sig is clickable and sends you somewhere. The party thing sends you to Tvke's MTA server stats for the party server.

btw you showed me how to do that url thing so you brought it on yourself and 56kers can load my sig easy.

but sadly no1's cared for at least 1-2 months now

Actualy ive PM'd several users about, and stepped in to remove signatures in the last month or so. It does seem i am the only moderator who does so though, and I have a lot more to do than just monitor these forums. IMO the stated allowable size in the rules is a little too generous.

Good! Actually, I would limit the sum of banner's resolutions to, let's say, 350 or even less. So you can have 300x50, 175x175 etc. I can easily write a php script for checking that.

yeah lets get small pics where you can't see anything on it!

let's make it 1x1!

/realbigsarcasm

What do you wanna show on them? Stunts? Ripped off pictures?

You can sure make the sum 400 but still, there's no point in pictures really (there're a few exceptions, but I would just make them smaller). Same goes for server stats - I play on the same servers every time (I reckon so do others), and I'm not interested in other servers (especially where the number of players is zero) nor in IRC server stats.

Since people on all forums around the world got used to those pics in signiture (don't know why) I would just limit the resolution, to what I said before.

FYI curly your avatar and sig's total size is 630KBs. To a 56ker connected at max bandwidth and downloading at max realistic speed (5KB/s), that's 2 minutes and 6 seconds of waiting just to see your epileptic seizure inducing perception of sexy stylistic expression.

You probly don't care about them though, but here's a wild guess: they don't care about "your status" and method of "becoming known" either.

No personal offense though: just hope you see my point.

FYI curly your avatar and sig's total size is 630KBs. To a 56ker connected at max bandwidth and downloading at max realistic speed (5KB/s), that's 2 minutes and 6 seconds of waiting just to see your epileptic seizure inducing perception of sexy stylistic expression.

You probly don't care about them though, but here's a wild guess: they don't care about "your status" and method of "becoming known" either.

No personal offense though: just hope you see my point.

mine was bigger

Kung's sig is just goofy. I mean you'd think he's part of a gay pride march or something :lol:

Thanks I can see where you are coming from thou with all the colors. It has a purpose and it server that purpose. Everything in my sig is clickable and sends you somewhere. The party thing sends you to Tvke's MTA server stats for the party server.

btw you showed me how to do that url thing so you brought it on yourself and 56kers can load my sig easy.

Links are fine, its just all the colors. Like a rainbow. :lol:

I never showed you the color button :P

There you go - at least the size limit for the signiture is needed, on every forum.

I have a cable connection but I do care about others and hate those big clumsy banners. Sometimes I just want to turn the image displaying off, so I can't see those useless images and banners which PEOPLE KEEP PUTTING IN THEIR SIGNITURES.

Anyways.. :twisted: