my suggestions

Guest borg42

1) anti-cheat/anti-mod. somehow. it's a must. i'm begging. servers are flooded with bastards.

idea: servers could use plugins, which would automatically get updated every 7 days from some main server. plugins would be able to alter server behaviour, eg. kick players whose car changes moving direction while flying; kick players with unbelievable acceleration/speed; kick players whose health restores while not around a health icon.

2) anti-menu-bastards. the player name could be prepended with "MNU" or sg. when the user escapes to the menu. menuing cheaters would be easy to spot.

3) gameplay additions: scripts/alterations made/made official. like the hunting script. one of the biggest problem nowadays imo is the intentional lack of teamplay. the server could be in a mode that actually _substracts_ one from the kill count if the person kills from the same gang. and, a limit could be set in the config (eg. 3/min) which would autokick the user, if making too much teamkills. whole thing could be disabled in config.

a mode i'd suggest: cops and robbers, the great late Keffa server mode made official. some food for thought:

- groups of gangs could form, eg. cops vs everyone else

- groups could be disabled (eg. racer), one would not be able to choose them

- the character choice screen would give a "too many players in group" error message if the difference between the number of the players in a group would be >n - so it'd tend to be equal

- all configurable in config perhaps

right now it's virtually impossible to start a proper gangwar on a public server.

4) admin begging: some /beg function to request admin interaction. if admin is not logged on, the prog could send an email, if specified. whole thing could be disabled in config.

I've heard loads of good suggestions regarding game types - more than the MTA team could possible add in a lifetime. Could there not be a way for users to make their own gametypes?

Regarding No.4, I reckon some bastard will make a script that spams the admin's inbox with loads of these requests.

I was thinking of something like a utility where you check boxes and enter values and it creates a file which can be imported.

For example:

Teamplay - Yes / No

Vehicles - Yes / No

And you could change objectives for each team, etc.

And it could have an event structure, whereby, for example, Player 14 captures the objective >> Player 14 becomes the target for the other players >> Player 14 gets killed >> the objective becomes the target - a bit like CTF.

I was thinking of something like a utility where you check boxes and enter values and it creates a file which can be imported.

For example:

Teamplay - Yes / No

Vehicles - Yes / No

why not in the server config? :roll:

right now it's virtually impossible to start a proper gangwar on a public server.

i agree, its just chaos everywhere, every online game has a TDM gamemode where you just can join and have a nice battle w/o knowing someone on the server

a few server options:

friendly fire yes/no

radar: (1=everyone 0=only own team) 1/0

maybe ill add some more^

Regarding No.4, I reckon some bastard will make a script that spams the admin's inbox with loads of these requests.

good point, but it's easy to fix it:

- /beg sets the "begging" flag and start the email handling thread if not running already.

- the email handling thread reads the flag. if it's on (right now it is) it sends the email, sleeps some 30 minutes and clears the flag, then polls the flag every minute.

with this, admin won't get many emails, and incidents are reported promptly. or something.