BAAAAAAD LAG

Guest ToeCarty

first of all id like to say MTA VC is cool....

now for my problem i have a DSL connection and i've got a router. With built in firewall which is disabled.

I first played on MTA VC 2day and the first server i went on other people were laggin like hell and i mean everyone they were sayin to me i wasnt laggin but i couldnt even kill a person i'd try an run em over (they wouldnt die) i kept shooting them (they wouldnt die) i tryed to chainsaw someone (he/she wouldnt die).. so i decided to change to a different server and everything was happening all over again. so i changed again same happend u get my point... and the ppl were all over the place.....jus wondering if theres any setting that could help with this cause to be honest its spoiling my gameplay... :(:(:(:(:(

do i need to open any ports on my router.....

thx hope you guys/gals can help :) :)

whats your avarage ping ?

If the game is working fine you do not need to open any ports

And there is a chainsaw bug , were you canot walk pressing the action botton wiht the chain saw , cause on the other player screen your just walking around with the chainsaw "turned off" so you must keep pressing the action botton . so the player will move it up and down"

even on a good connection, people in vc can move _extremely_ fast in comparison to other games.

Personally if i want to play a good clean running game, I have to reset my router so it gets a nice fresh connection, then I have to turn off and kill any dl including bittorrent, kazaa, web dls etc. It's possible that your upload stream is being absorbed by programs like kazaa.

My average ping is about 20 - 50..... and when i play online games i do turn off my P2P programs :lol: i really need to know how to fix this cause i cant kill no one ive kill 2 ppl since ive been on it and im sure thats not good :roll:

Well i ping anything from 200 to 500 (when it spikes) and have no problem killing most people. Ive even had a 500 ping and faced someone with a 600 ping. took a lot of ammo but i killed him eventually, just compensate for the ping and learn how to shoot in the useful topics thread

i dunno, our old one was fine, then after 5 years it died, they replaced it with the new model, and it sucked lol.

When my dads office closed, he said i could have anything i could walk out with from the server room ::he underestimated me haha:: and the hub was one of the goodies