skins=

mex

robber

rocker

ect

Guns=

gunpack 1:m60,molotov,colt .45, chainsaw

gunpack 2:tec9, subby

all of which would e interchangeable between charactors, sounds cool, huh? 8) ...but WAIT, thats not possible till the next core?NOOOOOOOOOOOOO :P j/k (btw ashdexx, stfu i know its possible with this core, its a joke)

(btw ashdexx, stfu i know its possible with this core, its a joke)

Um, what the hell? do you SEE a post from me in here, besides this one?! i didnt say anything, and too be honest, i wasn't GOING to. Your pre-emptive "stfu" makes you look paranoid and foolish.

To top it off, your idea isn't original either. i have a similar idea on page one of this topic, except mine is superior as it doesnt require any "packs" and it allows more flexibility.

-Team creation / editing; ie team names, which models go to the team, weapons, health, spawnpoints, etc.

so we're up to paranoid, unoriginal, moronic, and n00bish. great package you have going so far.

Now, fsck off.

• 3 weeks later...

One thing I'd like to see is a gradual colour change on the health bar. At the moment, it goes green > yellow > red suddenly. It would be better if it slowly morphed into yellow and then morphed into red.

This sounds really pointless, but I think it would make it easier to see if it's registering that you're hitting the opponent. The problem at the moment is that you have to drain a certain amount of health before it flicks to yellow, and hence there are a lot of n00bs complaining that people are using invincibility cheats when their shots are actually draining health.

One thing I'd like to see is a gradual colour change on the health bar. At the moment, it goes green > yellow > red suddenly. It would be better if it slowly morphed into yellow and then morphed into red.

This sounds really pointless, but I think it would make it easier to see if it's registering that you're hitting the opponent. The problem at the moment is that you have to drain a certain amount of health before it flicks to yellow, and hence there are a lot of n00bs complaining that people are using invincibility cheats when their shots are actually draining health.

The bars move so much that each hit basically makes it move a color. I've rarely hit someone and had them stay in the color they were at before I hit them. In other words, almost every hit moves them down a color...

:shock:

The bars move so much that each hit basically makes it move a color. I've rarely hit someone and had them stay in the color they were at before I hit them. In other words, almost every hit moves them down a color...

I suppose it depends on which weapon you use. Sometimes I can kill people really easily like you say, and other times it takes me ages to drain to yellow.

And yes, I know all about the "trick" to inflicting damage...

Well, if you use a Pistol or Uzi, then you'll have some trouble.

But I've found the hitboxes with Uzi and Pistol are 100% right in the torso; so no worries there.

As for the other guns...

M60, Stubby, etc.

They can move 1 little bar and you won't notice a difference, but it seems that most of the time, when 1 bullet hits, 3 more hit too. So either way, they're going to move down a color.

The only times I've ever seen them not move down a color when taking damage, is when they're hit by a car..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! i will try to explain this point by point:

-For example, your re fighting ppl at airport, u kill a guys who has m60, when u walk over m60 to pick it up your weapon changes to the last weapon u have pick.is known that u cant run with m60.(how many times we have been killed when u get m60 cos the character cants run with it :( )

-I think it should b cool to change this, then, if u pick some weapon up it wont change to another weapon.

not when gamne is lagged as hell.. wtb, i know scrolling up but i have been killed lots of times cos that stupid fat guy (mexi) cant run when picking) and u know how many ppl fights at airport terminal. if u kill lots of ppl finally every1 will shoot at you, this is just one more chance thoug .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
please dont delete this thread, ill delete it myself if it doesnt work

about this thread:

-this thread is a list of suggestions for the next release that are really important/needed (of course the MTA-team will decide whats important but its good to have it all in one place)

some rules:

-only post ideas that refer to the next version/release

-dont post about complex gamemodes or such, only essential things like server admin controls/commands or stuff to improve the gameplay for example: colored healtbars to enable better team recognition...

every now and then i will delete all unneeded replies and add the reasonable ideas to my post (we can still discuss posted suggestions but the goal is to keep it all in one big list)

when you post a suggestion please add a link to the topic where it is discussed

:idea: Ozzyoli :idea: thinks

*Boats should be added (why werent they there in the first place!)

*Private Chat (Talk 2 Someone directly)

*Pedestrians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(if possible) :P

Thnks

ACIDman's suggestions:

* Fix the bug with spaces - when you try to send a PM to somebody with spaces in the nickname, for ex. you wanna send Bill Gates a message "Hey, wanna share your money?". You type "/msg Bill Gates Hey, wanna share your money?". But what it does is it sends a message to Bill which contains "Gates Hey, wanna share your money?";

* It would be great if besides nicknames you could just enter player's number. Like "/msg 13 Kill the cheater!" which would send a message to player number 13. Some people have really long or weird nicknames, and this would solve it easily, making the private talk a lot easier, and solving the 1st problem mentioned. _____________________________________________________________

Aeron's suggestions:

*Show with the killed-command which weapon was used.

*And hopefully some Icons of weapons or other things..?

*A command to set scores (handy for every game-mode script)

*And some legal colors! (Handy for teams)

*A kill-player command for admins ('s idea)

*A command to the admin when the player spawned and what skin

*Kick reason

*and not "blah parts." if somone floods and get kicked but "blah kicked: flooding."

*A knock command (if somebody joins and can't get in it sends a command that can't join because )

to the topic^

Got some idea's for the netcode:

*Add a extra $null after every user-input (unban , addban, join, pass)

*A "ID-doesn't-exist" reply if you enterd a unexisting ID (kick, ban, getip, getnick) (This helps my MTAMA)

*A GetNickCommand for admins

*Compressed IP's (4 bytes) not full strings.

*No score packet let the client count.

*No spawn packet let the client decide on xyz location.

ByteMe's suggestions:

*What Bugs me about the game, minor nitpick perhaps, is that when I try playing with friends, if you're on a different z coordinate level (IE: just up the hill, or up a flight of stairs) you can shoot the other person all you want, and it LOOKS like you're shooting them, but to them, you're shooting level and not hitting them at all.

Robpol86's suggestions:

*Whenever the server restarts, instead of turncating logfile, append to it.

-whenever i restart my sever my log is killed... and id like to have history, and also, those ppl that dare to use logparsing scripts will loose their stuff

*logfile stuff

-(rotate logfile) if the above is applied, then i dont want a 25 MB logfile...

-it would also be nice to have timestamps on the log, configged in the conf file (hh:mm:ss tt) [hour:min:sec am/pm]. stuff like that (like in progs such as mirc)

*More info printed out a seperate port to query the mta server w/ fsockopen()

-i dont think any more info would be needed on the ase port, and i dont wanna use a damned logparser. this isnt as high priority anymore but would be nice to have. maby more info like perhaps ip or if theyre ingame or not.

*Dont scroll up when clicking on chatbox on mta client

-whenever i minimize or change focus to another app, and then want to go back to the client by clicking on the chatbox, it scrolls up, after a file it gets annoying . but set this as a lower priority level

*Do something about colors

-this is just a personal want, isnt as important. like, whenever sum1 kills some1 else, sho it in (lets say) red. whenever sum1 parts/join, yellow. whenever sum1 says something, white. etc. and, if u can, dont let those kiddie bastards use colors in their nick! (i dont know nething about directx so i dunno)

*About the nicks

-most games support around 16 or more characters in nicks (ut, t2, etc). this is more of begging, but wtvr. this is more important, limit on what characters ppl can use. allow A-Z, a-z, 0-9, and a few special chars, but not essential characters like ? (or a special ? that shows up as a ?). i use ? to seperate nicks in my stats page, and when sum1 entered w/ a nick of "??", it effed up my stats page. also, sum type of server side character limit would b nice (sum ppl get in my game w/ too many chars and it only displays a few, and at the end it shows a messed up character that screws up the log, admintool, and statspage).

*chatbox stuff

-ingame, the chatbox is a badass enhancement. but, sometimes ppl start talkin shit to each other and it floods everything. in tribes2, u can press pageup and down to scroll though the box. a similar feature would be favorable. also, setting the width and height of the box might provide useful to those with large resolutions and now resolutions.

*Banning stuff

-ok, if that irc admin tool thing is gunna work, then hell yes! if u would be so kind, please let it sumhow extract hostmasks from players (like in real irc). i think this will also need to be supported in the mta-server, but i just want it to work. doing this will end the war between ME and DHCP!! scripting bots to autoban on wat ppl say (badwords, racism, ips) is good (i know its going to be supported for the irc thingy)

*admin stuff

-sometimes it might be wise to kick another admin form your server (u know who u r!). if possible, make a different list for admins or flag them somehow in the list (in the admin thing). Also, whenever i ban someone, it shows them as kicked. i think it would be more offencive to the lamer if people knew he was banned instead of kicked. maby say Banned instead of kicked?

*Seperate file for rules

-ok, since blokker said that motd is not used for rules, then what is?! a solution would be a seperate file for the rules. and, instead of showin the rules upon entering the actual game (not server), make it print the rules when the player enters the server. those n00bs need to be pointed in the right direction sumhow

*non-static title

-for example, my server is a normal dm server. then comes bump and tests his stuff on my server, this would be a good time to be able to alter the server name without bringing it down. maby altering the config file and doing something like a graceful restart (like apachectl). or if that cant be done, a simple /title command from the admin.

*/notice in mta

-sumtimes, in teamdm game mode, when players join, it autogreets them. this will get hella annoying, peoples screens and the admin tool's screen. im hoping that in the next server release, to add /notice support in sum way, so when people join, only they see the greeting.

to the topic^

one thing that i would append to that list above, is to give the admin power to force the spawn locations. with the new admin tools, that is the only thing missing. with it, you could truly design some innovative mtama scripts. if admin can force someone to spawn in a certain locations, team games would be efficient, people can be sent to "jail" for a certain amount of time if they commit a misdemeaner, and so many other uses, its impossible to list.