Un-install windows 8 and install windows 7 !

iPrestege

Hello everyone i have a new laptop ( Asus VivoBook ) Model : ( S300CA ) And i want to remove the fuck windows 8 and install windows 7 i already did that but i got problem #-o i install a windows 7 64 bit because i have windows 8 64 bit then when i try to install device drivers no one of all drivers works as it was work in windows 8 when i try to lunch the setup nothing happens! already try to run the setup as administrator but nothing can someone tell me where can i find windows 7 drivers for this laptop :

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_VivoBook_S300CA/

Thanks in advance!

What's wrong with Windows 8? It's pretty much the same as Windows 7, except that it's newer, faster and should be updated for a longer time than Windows 7.

It's slow in use, Windows 7 is much better than 8 , And other reason when i try to install\setup apps as hotspot i can't run it with fuck windows 8 also mta is laggy with 8 |: .

It seems that this laptop was just designed for windows 8

but you still can use windows 7 inside of your current system using apps such as VirtualBox or VMware

Already un-install windows 8 i have a windows 7 only .

• 1 month later...

Just in case you still want to do it

Stuff we'll need:

Ubuntu CD

Windows 7 CD

Here is how you do it:

>Change Boot order in BIOS (to access F2 or F10 might work)

>Save the changes obv

>Put ubuntu CD on disk tray

>Execute ubuntu as a test (Do NOT install it, theres usually two options)

>Open GParted

>Delete all the partitions there

Ok, here is when i start forgotting stuff, so you'll need to explore a bit

>change its format to MSDOS or something like that (Can't remember what option it was)

>apply changes

>put w7 CD (obv remove Ubuntu)

>Install normally

If you lived near Madrid, I could do it for a fee.

• MTA Team

Pro tip: when you buy a new computer with a preinstalled OS from a major company like HP or Dell you usually have a folder on your C drive that contains the installers of all the software and drivers that have been installed on your system. Back this folder up before you start formatting.

Win8 is mostly compatible with 7 when it comes down to drivers so finding drivers should not be a problem. Furthermore if all you miss is the startmenu then use an external tool to bring it back like startisback, start8, vistart, ...

Pro tip: when you buy a new computer with a preinstalled OS from a major company like HP or Dell you usually have a folder on your C drive that contains the installers of all the software and drivers that have been installed on your system. Back this folder up before you start formatting.

Win8 is mostly compatible with 7 when it comes down to drivers so finding drivers should not be a problem. Furthermore if all you miss is the startmenu then use an external tool to bring it back like startisback, start8, vistart, ...

Yes but the 'drivers' for 'windows 8' Only. Thanks but 7 it's better than 8 for me everyone has an opinion :wink: . And i respect your opinion!

Hello everyone i have a new laptop ( Asus VivoBook ) Model : ( S300CA ) And i want to remove the :o windows 8 and install windows 7 i already did that but i got problem #-o i install a windows 7 64 bit because i have windows 8 64 bit then when i try to install device drivers no one of all drivers works as it was work in windows 8 when i try to lunch the setup nothing happens! already try to run the setup as administrator but nothing can someone tell me where can i find windows 7 drivers for this laptop :

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_VivoBook_S300CA/

Thanks in advance!

Use Driver Doctor , It will find all needed drivers and download/install them.

Edit: There are many programs can do the same job but you have to search for them and the problem you are getting for not being able to install the drivers because your laptop created for windows 8 and the company give Drivers CD for windows 8 only and these setups don't work on older windows like 7 so you have to search for each driver and install it OR use a program to find them and install them for you.

• MTA Team
Yes but the 'drivers' for 'windows 8' Only. Thanks but 7 it's better than 8 for me everyone has an opinion :wink: . And i respect your opinion!
Most installers for Win8 drivers include more universal drivers that also work on 7. The driver model between 7 and 8 didn't change that much.

the drivers are mostly backwards compatible so just do a driver search for the backup windows folder and let windows 7 install all the drivers it needs.

If this guy wants to have windows 7, he is not forced to use 8.

nobody was forcing him (read properly!)