Hello, these are my opinions about the gameplay in MTA;

If you want to comment feel free!

1: Add civilians and cars somehow

2: Add more player choices

3: Add more weapons

4: Have the ability to add servers to favourites

5: Make some weapons not so powerful

6: Really try to stop cheaters

7: Try to split the bandwith users up, e.g t1/56k/whatever into seperate rooms to make it fair for laggers.

8: Add proper service people (could be quite fun hehe)

9: Add boats

Add more...

There are some things that can't be realised by now because of engine limitations: 1, 9

6: The team always works hard against cheaters but a cheat protection is useless, if somebody releases a hacked version :roll:

Most of the other suggestions will be in the next release i guess.

8: I don't know what you want to say. Do you talk about some type of Gamemasters?

Pedestrians and cars can't be added because it would seriously strain the engine, and your ping would go through the roof.

No. 7 should be directed towards server admins rather than developers.

With No.8, do you mean an admin in each server checking for cheaters?

1. Last I checked, couldn't be done.

2. Not a bad idea. (But maybe it is?)

3. All the weapons are in the game! They're just hidden. Weapons are fine, in my opinion.

4. What? Use All-Seeing Eye. Are you talking about an in-game server list? That'd be nice.

5. Maybe you should just get better?

6. I believe they're doing that already...

7. That sounds dumb. Just have admins kick laggers if they must. I'd say anything over 150 ping is annoying, anything at 150 or under is no problem.

8. You mean like a gas station attendant? :P

9. Boats suck. Wouldn't be a bad idea though, just for fun... I'm not sure if it's even possible.

1: Add civilians and cars somehow

2: Add more player choices

3: Add more weapons

4: Have the ability to add servers to favourites

5: Make some weapons not so powerful

6: Really try to stop cheaters

7: Try to split the bandwith users up, e.g t1/56k/whatever into seperate rooms to make it fair for laggers.

8: Add proper service people (could be quite fun hehe)

9: Add boats

1: No, this would be incredibly laggy and there aren't enough cars allowed in a game at a time.

2: 4 is enough

3: Different power weapons, sure

4: I agree..actually an ASE search function built into the client along with that would work nicely.

5: Random powerfulness..like in MTA:VC 0.3

6: Server-side CRC check

7: No..thats discrimination against speed type..and seriously how many people play MTA with a T1?

8: say what?

9: GTA3 Doesn't have boats..

• 3 weeks later...

1: Not possible, it woud require too much data to send between clients.But this is a player vs player game not player coop player vs AI .

2: If you mean skins , the team will probably add more skins , or atleast add new ones.

3: What weapons?The only weapons that are missing are the sniper rifle the minigun and the rocket launcher if im not mistaken.( someone correct me if i am) sniper and rocket have been left out since 1st person view isnt working yet,and the minigun i think has been left out since its way too powerfull.

4: This one is probably gonna be in one release at one point.

5: Weapon data should NOT be changed ,instead maybe add more weapon pickups around .( i dont really see any weapon too powerfull right now)

6: Theyr trying , but however it gets frustrating when the team has too devote valuable time too stop lamers when they could be doing somethign usfull ,like adding more modes/fixing bugs/developing a new techniq

7: Hmm this isnt a suggestion for the dev's but instead for the admins of the severs, but its up to them to decide.

8: What do you mean "service" people?

9: Tried and are working on getting them to work propperly of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Please, add boats. We need them !!! :roll: and add rocket launcher with 2 rockets ( it's the optimal, I think), new characters, new game modes. And there is another problem: when you move the subjects, other player doesn't see this.........and for himself they are stayng on thir place. :(

Why do we need rocket launcher? because, there are many people, who very likes to fly on helicopters, and you cannot kill them :( especcialy, when they are high................ it s not onistly..........and please, make the Hunter to push the rockets.

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of people are missing the point as to why having synchronized pedestrians and vehicles is impossible, or at least extremely difficult. As someone previously mentioned, bandwidth is the first obvious limitation; as well, the MTA engine itself uses the same memory addresses that are occupied by pedestrians and vehicles to synchronize the multiplayer aspect of the game. As far as the traffic you see in GGM goes, which isn't synchronized, it's run through the natural game engine and files, thus not largely consuming any extra space, although the problem with that is that if one player steals a pedestrian's vehicle then the vehicle will appear from no where on the other player's screens.

There is one method that could possibly be approached to sychronize pedestrians and traffic, assuming bandwidth and computational power are no factor. First, the server would have to be running a global version of the game, an extremely hacked version at that, generating real-time traffic and pedestrians at all locations and keeping their actions documented at all times, thus the server would have to be extremely fast and have a large amount of RAM (Random Access Memory). When a user enters an area that area's pedestrians and traffic are then directed to the client which is updated, the previous areas pedestrians and traffic are overwritten with the new area's data. Of course, this method must work in a cascading fashion so that the traffic and vehicles don't immediately disappear. Of course, this system is hypothetical and follows similarly to my MMORPG methods of allowing the GTA game engine to cope with larger amounts of players, e.g. if the player is in 'Downtown' there is really no use to load the players in the 'Ocean Beach' district. The method this uses is a radius checksum algorithm, all users within a specific radius, or in this case all pedestrians and traffic, are loaded based on the coordinates of the user, checked by the server.

/* The code contained here is server-side; the server is meant to calculate what packets the user gets based on their coordinates. This code is just an example, and contains errors and missing data. Also, no timers were included, and this code should continually update based on what the server's bandwidth can cope with. The code defines arrays based on holding 20 vehicles and 20 pedestrians in any one area at a time, thus not overloading the client. This code is also missing things like "ped_look_x", "ped_look_y" and other such values that are necessary. */

double car_x[20], car_y[20], car_z[20], ped_x[20], ped_y[20], ped_z[20];

// No point in returning any values in example code.

void city_packet(double *x, double *y, double *z) 
{
   double x_min, x_max, y_min, y_max;

x_min = (*x - 20);
   x_max = (*x + 20);
   y_min = (*y - 20);
   y_max = (*y + 20);    

/* Assume we have a function called get_data(double *x_min,...double *y_max) that updates the traffic and pedestrian locations to suit the user's new location. */
   get_data(&x_min, &x_max, &y_min, &y_max);

/* From here, let's assume that get_data(...) has updated the global variables. */

/* Assume we have a function called send_city(double *car_x,...double *ped_z) that contains network code to send traffic and pedestrian packets. */
   send_city(&car_x, &car_y, &car_z, &ped_x, &ped_y, &ped_z);
}

/* You'll notice this code doesn't feature a radius algorithm, rather a square algorithm. The area of the square in this case is 40 x 40, or 800 square units, which is perhaps too many. The major problem with this is that it updates for every user on the server numerous times per second, ergo the algorithm consumes large amounts of the processor, the RAM must hold data for all traffic and pedestrians on the server, and an extensively large amount of bandwidth is created.  As well, take into account that this code uses extensive amounts of pointers to simplify the processes. */

Anyway, the reason it is technically impossible is because no one has a T3 or OC-xx line installed, the costs are too significant, and computational speed has yet to reach the needs of a standard server for this idea. As well, the amount of time that would have to be dedicated are too immense, so don't expect to see anything like this in the near future.

Ciao,

Kryptos

I don't know why everyone makes a fuss about not having pedestrians and traffic in MTA. I find it useful because my car tends to stay in one piece because AI-controlled morons don't pull out in front of me (although, admittedly, this wouldn't happen if I drove at the speed limit and stopped at traffic lights). Also, you tend to be able to get up to speed more with no cars.

As for the pedestrians, they wouldn't really serve a purpose other than cannon fodder. It would be far better to use that extra bandwidth and processing power for extra player slots. Also, I reckon that 26 is enough for something like Quake 3 with a small, enclosed map, but with the sheer map scale of GTA 3 or VC, I'd say that 40 or even 64 would be better.