Can you afford playing MTA online games?

Can you afford playing online games?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Can you afford playing online games?

• Yes, often (1h+ a week)
    • Sometimes (max. 2h a month)
    • No

Can you afford playing MTA online games?

This topic is not about MTA in particular but also about other online games. To say it simple, i can't afford online gaming with my internet connection even i have ADSL (768 kbit down, 256 kbit up). All popular 3d shooters use a lot of bandwith, about 30 MB and more per hour play. Online rpgs waste 10 MB per hour. And the problem is that my traffic (up+down) is limited to 1 GB.

So i want to know more about your connections, if you play online games, to see if something with my connection is wrong :shock: ?

Or is lan play the only option for me :x

Edited by Guest

I don't have a limit at all.. it's pretty nice if you download and upload lots of stuff, like me.. as well as online gaming, so yes.. i can afford playing online games.

atm, i'm downloading & uploading around 10gb per month

• 1 month later...

Well, I can play as long as my parents pay for the Comcast cable I'm on. They haven't told me about any bandwidth limits or pricing. However, don't even come CLOSE to thinking I have the good life:

AMD Athlon XP 1800+

512 MB DDR PC2100 RAM

ATi Radeon 9600 XT

Integrated nVidia nForce sound chipset

And to top it all off...it's a COMPAQ. That means no upgrading the mobo or power supply-or due to my stepdad, the processor(which is REALLY close to becoming mere crap). Luckily, the GTA series isn't very demamding. Wish I could say the same for UT 2004 Assault/Onslaught...

I might have to stop ranting about other things.

AMD Athlon XP 1800+

512 MB DDR PC2100 RAM

ATi Radeon 9600 XT

Integrated nVidia nForce sound chipset

Actually, that's above decent.. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being uber perfect, 1 being old and crappy, 5 just being "OKAY".. That's a 6 or 7..

I've locked this post because:

- Its been bumped

- It was a dumb poll in the first place as virtually no-one (appart from australian of cheapo people) have such strict limits or pricing that this is relevant

- I like using my powers

- I'm bored

k?

eAi