Anyone want their own free game server?

Guest afr0

Gamefreek wrote:

Or u could give it to the person who replied first

yeh give it to the person who replied first

The person who replied first (whoever it was - I haven't looked) may not necessarily be the best candidate (no offence intended). Couldn't you perhaps try to find a way for them to prove how good they'd be at running your server? Or you could, traditionally, offer it to the highest bidder.

Well I'm probably a wee bit late but, I'd love another VCP server :P

lol that's not a strong case

Afro you should set up your server and put trusted ppl in the admin via IRC. You can set up an echo and op the ppl you want to have admin. This makes sure that everyone knows who banned them. For me it would say

Admin KFC KungFu kicked let's say umm Ransom

it's very transparent and lets you have a heavily admined server free from cheaters.

yeah good point kfg, also it isnt my greatest wish to admin the server, im not very good at it

let me explain:

you want many ppl on your server but you dont want cheaters so:

-let about 5 ppl admin the server (nobody is always online)

-dont let everyone know the address (for example: dont post the address in this forum, hell i wouldnt even advertise it in #mta-servers)

so i suggest to keep your server in the underground (sounds cool hu?) and only let about 20 ppl know the address, if you dont have enough ppl playing you make a next step and maybe put it into #mta-servers, if you still dont have enought ppl on your server you post it here....step by step

actually i think youll have enough fair and noncheating players on the server w/o to post or advertise it anywhere else, (Deathb, KFG, and Ransom replied you know what that means? you will have full house 24/7! :) + if there is someone to trust than its them and most other gangleaders...

so should we vote or what? im just wanna say that Deathb, KFG, Ransom, Xenex, Gamefreek, DJ_GTA and MAD_BOY would be a good decision, at least i trust and know them

some are from the US and i think 2 are from NL, maybe find a person from australia? :lol: than you got full time server control :onlyamother:

all ppl mentioned are using irc and i think you should join us someday :)

Be careful you don't want someone just kicking based on accusations. I can't play for long without being called a cheater. I normally check it personally or kick if it is a trusted source.

But if you use the trustee script instead of giving out the password then you will be able to de-op ppl who abuse it and if the admin is playing the game he can boot ppl without even leaving the game.

Also make sure your MOTD says no pausing, speak english, and obviously no cheating.

speak english because ppl use other languages to spread cheats sometimes. if the admin can't read that then he can't stop it.