Anyone want their own free game server?

Guest afr0

Hi, I was going to run a game server myself. I had trouble getting anyone to go there though. I prefer to play with atleast 10 people at a time. Would anyone be interested in their own game server for free?

You will be able to admin it and name it whatever you like.

I'll host it on one of my windows 2003 boxes. I run a webhosting company so I don't care about how much bandwidth it will take up. The box is on a t3 connection so there will never be any lag on the servers side of things.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

We'll bassicly I'm only giving one server for free. The reason for doing this is simply i'm sick of playing with all these fucking cheaters. I tried creating my own server but noone ever joins. I want someone else to make the server popular. You can admin it as you like as long as you kick / ban the cheaters. Thats the only thing that I ask for.

Who knows they can make a server similar to the goons goons one that always has players on it?

if your looking for someone to ban the cheaters then look at the ulk public server sometime. its almost never empty and it practically never has a cheater as they are banned on sight, no questions asked. we would be more then happy to do the same for ur server

if your looking for someone to ban the cheaters then look at the ulk public server sometime. its almost never empty and it practically never has a cheater as they are banned on sight, no questions asked. we would be more then happy to do the same for ur server

*cough*sure*cough* u guys had 2 or 3 cheaters on ur server and everyone saw them cheat and were saying they were cheating.

i had to go in IRC and tell u guys

afr0: i got an idea: all ppl replied to this thread till yet can admin the server(or maybe not all of us + of course its your decision but its just an idea) we all know each other well (most of us, if not all are in the official MTA irc channel) and we could make it public, only to ppl we trust and DONT cheat

every server i heard of has admin problems (mostly there is no admin when needed) and none of us is allways online to control it so i think it would be good to have more than one admin

btw, what about a stunt sever? or do you want dm only?

just an idea, in the end its your server :)

*cough*sure*cough* u guys had 2 or 3 cheaters on ur server and everyone saw them cheat and were saying they were cheating.

i had to go in IRC and tell u guys

thats one instance among very few, they are banned faster on our serv then on most servs. anyways i agree with rebels idea :)

You guys do realize what this guy is trying to do dont you?

He has a server to offer , he ran it before (still does) But he cant seem to get it full or get some regulars , so he is asking for someone that CAN do this , i mean he is offering for free which means every other n00b can come and say : Hey im interested!

You can , but i advice you to look if you can give this guy what he wants too , Be sure you know how to admin a server ( so you can kick out cheaters/lamers etc) ,Be sure you can get the server some players , a gang can do this easily since their members will play on it and that will attract others ,But It doesnt have to be a gang.

My point being:

Be sure you

- have the time for it.

- know how to admin and be helpfull to new players.

- know the difference between a cheat or just bugs/lag.

- atleast give a good attempt to get some people in it.

Sorry but this thread is pointless, i mean a guy is giving a server to someone to get it popular yet 10 ppl wanna use it, its not gonna happen. I agree with rebel, he should just give the admin info to ppl who posted before and play in the server to get it popular instead of giving it to a person.

Or u could give it to the person who replied first

Well . what ever you guys do . im going to host ONE server for someone . cause i just got a new cpu just for servers . and im running one short . If you would be interested just pm me . the server ping is around 30

P.S : sorry for interrupting your forum . i dint want to make a new one .

hey whats your hosting company afr0? and also, you must be running many firewalls on your servers, which one is the best in your opinion? Black Ice? Router firewall?

i think the goons server got so much attention cuz the name is so long its the first one you see, thats why i started joining it.

also, we wont ever be able to run more than one server from one machine correct? cuz of ip and junk right?

I may be offering the same (as in free) or similar soon - at least extremely cheap servers. I landed quite the deal for on a guys colo, plenty of bandwidth to spare...

I'll be letting you know if the time comes :P waiting for authorization to install Gentoo...man I hate redcrap :)

Edited by Guest