2 Very Good idea's (IJ approved)

Icy_Flare

Well I spoke with IJ on MSN and he agreed my idea's are very good. I would also like to hear your opinion.

:D Idea #1 - For stunt servers above the health and money we could have a small bar telling the people who holds the rotation record etc like (IcyFlare: 2550 Rt.) etc for height and money no need for the rest and the other. But as soon as the record holder leaves it'll go down to the next best.

:D Idea #2 - For deathmatch we could make it like counterstrike. Like downloadable maps with the preset cars and guns on the map. You could have the original map, or just West Isl or East or just starfish or just prawn or u could dl counterstrike style maps for VC and put them in MTA\Maps and there could be maps to play VC on eg (vc_snowmountain) and you could play and there will be preset cars and weapons. IJ said they're working on that tho :wink:

Please Rate my Ideas

:D Idea #2 - For deathmatch we could make it like counterstrike. Like downloadable maps with the preset cars and guns on the map. You could have the original map, or just West Isl or East or just starfish or just prawn or u could dl counterstrike style maps for VC and put them in MTA\Maps and there could be maps to play VC on eg (vc_snowmountain) and you could play and there will be preset cars and weapons. IJ said they're working on that tho :wink:

OMFG! THATS MY FOCKEN IDEA! THEY SAYD THAT IF THEY DO IT THEY'LL DO IT IN FERTHER RELEASES!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my original quote:

Suggestion:

first of all crc lock all the /data and /model foulders. make empty /data and /model folders in

the mta dir (/mta/data or /mta/models). heres the idea: when someone wants to put on their server

a map, like kuddas world (or whatever u call it) he puts it in the /mta/data/maps folder, and

when a new player joins his server there is a massage: "This server has custom maps or models

installed. Do you want to download?" if yes, make a progress bar for the downloading map. same

thing with models. then make a new gta_vc.dat file that can be called sumting like "mta_vc.dat".

this file will be crc chaked by the server. if all the files that are loaded match, make it start

the game, if someone refuses to download the new data and models then he gets a crc error.

.. oh ye and its ijS :wink: [/u]

Well I spoke with IJ on MSN and he agreed my idea's are very good. I would also like to hear your opinion.

:D Idea #1 - For stunt servers above the health and money we could have a small bar telling the people who holds the rotation record etc like (IcyFlare: 2550 Rt.) etc for height and money no need for the rest and the other. But as soon as the record holder leaves it'll go down to the next best.

Please Rate my Ideas

It's Half-Life, not Counter-Strike. Interesting ideas, both of them. I myself am a Half-Life immigrant and I think the map system could be made to work as well.

sounds like a damned logical and wicked idea. Imagine the nutty ass maps you've seen for simply fps, now imagine for vice...mmm...insanity lol

Perhaps it could also get rid of gta3:mta too, import the map and cars, lol

My only concern would be the size, most games meant to have maps imported have optimized formats, dling 250mb maps everytime might be a bit...exhaustive on hdd capacity lol

ure right - 250 mb is much, but everyone has enough hd space for that (who doesnt: dont play gta:]), but TIME?! who the hell would want to wait a week for mta to connect to a server?:) this would dramatically decrease playercounts on mta, because ppl with fast net will use 5-600 mb maps, slownet ppl (like me - 56k dialup = 1-2kbps) wont download them, so this would hmm.. kill slownet mta'ers. :) the first time i tried multiplayer on net, i known it wont work (they kill me on server and i get killed a hour later :) well thats a bad example, because the first game i tried was NFS:]), but then what i first said was WHOA (lol), because i dont even reach the 1 minute lag. thats why i tried mta too, and its coool, man :) but this idea would kill ppl.

but handling.cfg thing.

mta doesnt connect to a server if my handling's crc isnt ok.

but it would be cool if servers could have modified handlingcfgs, and if mine isnt the same, mta could ask "do ya wanna download handlingcfg from the server?" and blah then. handling is just a few minutes to download, it isnt a big file (a few kilobytes)

How you play MTA if you download few kilobytes few minutes :shock:

OK I think there should be many small mods what you can download quick, but some large mods what you can download from websites, not by MTA. :?

ure right - 250 mb is much, but everyone has enough hd space for that (who doesnt: dont play gta:]), but TIME?! who the hell would want to wait a week for mta to connect to a server?:) this would dramatically decrease playercounts on mta, because ppl with fast net will use 5-600 mb maps, slownet ppl (like me - 56k dialup = 1-2kbps) wont download them, so this would hmm.. kill slownet mta'ers. :) the first time i tried multiplayer on net, i known it wont work (they kill me on server and i get killed a hour later :) well thats a bad example, because the first game i tried was NFS:]), but then what i first said was WHOA (lol), because i dont even reach the 1 minute lag. thats why i tried mta too, and its coool, man :) but this idea would kill ppl.

but handling.cfg thing.

mta doesnt connect to a server if my handling's crc isnt ok.

but it would be cool if servers could have modified handlingcfgs, and if mine isnt the same, mta could ask "do ya wanna download handlingcfg from the server?" and blah then. handling is just a few minutes to download, it isnt a big file (a few kilobytes)

the maps in gta, i thought they was just txtfiles, if u just use all the graphics cars n stuff from normal gta couldn't you do it then? :o

or were those the handling and config files?...actually yea i think i'm completly wrong but i'll post it in the off chance i'm not...

LMAO. Have a look around the "Editing Discussion" area of GTAforums.com to find out quite why I found that so amusing. :wink:

It should be made very clear that what IJ said is worth shit-all. He's been adamant that my handling and radar would definitly be included in a future version, and trx was impressed by them too and wanted to incorporate them, but nothing has arisen in the months since despite me PM'ing them monthly. I wouldn't mind not having my ideas implemented if they actually said it wouldn't be implemented, that there are so many problems they want to solve first. Instead they just casually commit themselves to everything and sod the public who get thier expectations raised and then dashed at the next release.

As for the map downloading system, I can 100% guarantee you that will NEVER be implemented. That truely is a complete guarantee, they will never, ever, do that. It's just too complicated and to anyone who understands the depth of problems caused by modifiable multiplayer using the Vice engine will surely agree.

Additionally, Vice DFF architecture is not directly compatible with any other game, and the COL system is unique along with the IMG structure. I can only assume that you are lying about IJS approving these ideas or that he said he approved them just to make you quit hassling him. :roll:

cerbera: you were told there would be a street racing mode in a future version of mta, you were not promised that it would be the next rls of the mod, nor the one after. You are correct that many of us liked your handling, except a few cars which im sure could be changed. So I'll thank you not to post on here that you have had your 'expectation raised then dashed', ( i presume the 'public' you refer to is yourself and whoever else you promised this to), or that ijs word is worth 'shit-all'. The only person who ever stated publicly that it would be ingame was yourself in your signature txt, there are very good reasons why we as a team do not announce things as 'in' until they are in fact in.

As for the map-modding system i think icy flare has got his wires crossed a little, there are plans for a similar system in the new core, but it wouldnt be total map conversions, the part of his post where he talks of locking off areas and having custom car locations and spawns etc is much closer to what is planned for A future release, (that doesnt mean the next one cerbera).