[assistance] - MTA crashing at loading stage

Guest karaokequeen3

Hi there. I just need a little help with regards to explaining why the game crashes as GTA-VC is loading up. I clean installed the game, followed all the instructions, and I successfully load up the menu with "start multi theft auto".

Then I come to the loading screen and just before the pink bar is filled up, it freezes, and at the same time, I hear a critical stop sound. What's frustrating is that the loading bar is just so close to full, and I can even see some of the chat console on the top left corner of the screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Things to check:

1.) If you use a nocd-crack, try another one.

2.) Be sure that you have absolutly no mods installed.

3.) If your version isn't english

a.) Set the game language to english.

b.) Copy all other language files from your %VICECITY DIR%/TEXT except american.gxt to %VICECITY DIR%/MTA

These are very common solutions, they should help.

I'll give some of them a go, thanks! ? It's an English install, but I'll give the GXT thing a go. Any ideas of a better no-cd crack?

I have the cd's but it's an utter pain to hear the cd-rom working the disc as soon as I get into a car, not forgetting to mention the slight lag that comes with accessing the play disc. PM me for any ideas on that front, thanks!

I have the cd's but it's an utter pain to hear the cd-rom working the disc as soon as I get into a car, not forgetting to mention the slight lag that comes with accessing the play disc. PM me for any ideas on that front, thanks!

I've never ever had that problem. Perhaps you have a drive with a high seek time, so it has to spend longer whirring in order to find things. I remember with my old CD-ROM drive, it would keep reading and reading from the disc whenever I started GTA 3, and would only load the game if I whacked the drive on the left-hand side. This problem was fixed when I upgraded to a DVD-ROM drive.

I must admit, the CDRW drive I used to install the game is reacing senility at only 3 years. It's been a reliable drive, but I guess the time has come to upgrade from a 12 speed to a 52 speed CDRW drive...

I bit of advice , dont buy the 52X , you dont need it .

Dont buy it just because its the fastest you can get, 52X is dangerous for cd's ,cd's are built to safely spin at 48X (max) If you do use a 52X cd drive you just might get the a cd in it to blow up.It has happend to me.Just buy a 48X.