MTA:SA Bug and Sync Questions.

Serginix

Question

Hello, I don't come to the MTA Forum usually, but lately I experienced some problems and I have some questions that I cant figure out myself, I really would like if you guys could help me.

Lately I was interested on create things outside of the actual GTA SA Playeable map, In the sea...

But the weird thing is that after playing a while on that area on some islands that I built, I encountered a problem I cannot damage players using melee weapons like:

Fist

Nightstick

Baseball

Bat

Chainsaw.

And the players health did not decreased using those type of weapons. I used Fire weapons like M4, Pistols, Rifles and health decreased you could actually kill a player like that but with melee was imposible.. Note that no script had any kind of cancelEvent ().

So I made a Freeroam Server to test with no scripts just Freeroam. I invited friends and we went outside of the map with a Boat and still players where invulnerable to Melee damage outside of the GTA SA Playeable Map.

Is there a bug with MTA or GTA ?? or Some Sync problem ?

In the other way I also have a question about Sync...

I have a VPS with 8 [email protected] Ghz Xenon CPU and 10Gbps port speed Unmetered Bandwith on The Netherlands.

Do I really need bandwith_reduction value on the mtaserver.conf set to medium?

medium

It makes a difference if I set the value to “none” ? Sync gets better?

Also I have seen this New value:

Sould I use it on my server ? It makes the Sync and the Players experience better ?

I would like to know more about that I have read the Wiki but I still dont get it 100%

I am the owner of Proyecto SX server and my server averages 50 – 200 Players on a Normal Days

thats why I would like to know more about the Sync ( Right now all Sync values are in the defaults ), but I would like to provide the players with the Best Experience and reliability.

Bandwith is not a problem for the server neither the CPU, I think..

Thanks for your time :)

1 answer to this question