• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys...

No Fake, you know I'm beta tester and I've seen

these things LIVE... And look at the movie,

these are fakes? You're joking!

GTAt 0.5 is very nice...

If you think it's a fake, test it next time, release is near.

PS: I don't know why you think it's a fake!

Why GTAt need fakes?

Maybe change the topic title to GTAT I don't think anyone thinks they faked the pics. I just don't think they are much proof

@Yankees and Mak,

Yawn

Which one day he will do, but like the famous saying that mta has adopted, it is out when its out, no need to release it early to keep you happy.

I am answering the people that act like it has been released and a feature list that has been posted for over 6 months. Where is the new MTA core feature list? see my point?

Wheres the proof that he hasnt done it? If its released without these features, then rant about his false claims.

I almost didn't want to reply when I read this. lol You cannot prove a negative it is a logical impossiblity.

[example] I am creating a multiplayer Vice City mod that is better than GTAT. I have tested it and you can have 1000 ppl on a server and no lag even with a 56K. Now prove that I didn't make this mod [/example]

You may dismiss this as absurd or show video of me not creating it but you can never prove that I didn't do this. People can claim to be able to do anything and offer no proof. This is why the MTA team doesn't do this and I respect that. Not an asskissing *stares at Mak* just the truth.

For all we know MTA's next release could really suck(not saying it will) but you have already written off gtat because MTA released a better version of their client(0.3) than the current gtat(0.3b).

Because of your obvious loyalty to MTA (which is fair enough) you are unable to accept that what may be in the next Gtat is truth, if for example MTA was to announce that the next version of MTA was able to support a thousand people and that they had created perfect netcode, you wouldnt even give it a second thought and would rant on here about how amazing it will be.

I am neutral between the two mods and think that they both have accomplished great things, and maybe MTA has been quicker on the development side, but that doesnt mean Gtat can't catch them up and maybe one day over take them.

All im saying is don't criticize the hard work that draco has been putting in, until he has managed to complete his current project and release it to the world.

I am able to accept that GTAT might be good if it is released. I even tried to betatest 5.0 but the server was down. I am as curious as anyone and I am truely objective. To be objective doesn't mean I think GTAT and MTA are equal. In my opinion an objective person would have to look at track record and conclude that MTA has much more credibility since they do not promise without delivering. Draco may be able to do what he says but he hasn't. Why am I wrong for pointing this out?

I find it odd that so many ppl who have never played this game are posting how great it is! That's friggin odd. Plus, every tard that gets mad at MTA immediatly says how great GTAT will be. We can start a thread listing those ppl alone. Trunkstom, posty, Draco all say they have seen it and it's real I am not saying they are lying but until it is running I am not willing to say that it is so much better than the game I have played everyday for the last 5 months

bleh you guys bitch to much ;P

i HAVE played gtat (along with draco and posty and half of our clan), and its obvious that the claims they made were not false (cant verify the 96 player one for obvious reasons) but theres tons of cars, aiming is perfect, (havent seen the boats, thats cuz i couldnt get off of gtats sexy aiming system long enuf ;P). and the funny thing is, we had no lag on a server that draco was hosting off of his dsl connection.

i dont expect you people to take my word for it, as you wont take anyone elses word for it (even people who have played it it seems), but youl find out when its released.

bleh you guys bitch to much ;P

i HAVE played gtat (along with draco and posty and half of our clan), and its obvious that the claims they made were not false (cant verify the 96 player one for obvious reasons) but theres tons of cars, aiming is perfect, (havent seen the boats, thats cuz i couldnt get off of gtats sexy aiming system long enuf ;P). and the funny thing is, we had no lag on a server that draco was hosting off of his dsl connection.

i dont expect you people to take my word for it, as you wont take anyone elses word for it (even people who have played it it seems), but youl find out when its released.

right when it's released until then there isn't anything to talk about really. I hope it is good and lag free and the aiming is better. why not but it's not released.

btw,

who was bitching? I was flamed by some flamers and I am having a discussion with another guy. Please quote whatever qualifies as bitching I'd love to see.

i was refering to you guys flaming each other over this (case in point = yankees)

Well he is a bitch what do you expect. :lol:

I am waiting a bit before I deal with him. He is like a pimple that isn't quite ready to pop but as soon as he is he will be hitting the bathroom mirror. Makaveli has issues from when Tek left his gang and he is trying to diss me lowkey and then deny it later. Did you see that I didn't teach him to fight I taught him to shoot, lol, right he learned to use the hammer on his own.

Back to the topic sorry

Can some GTAT cultist answer these question for me.

Do all of the features have to work in order for GTAT .5 to be a sucess?

Do you expect all of the GTAT features to work?

features for 0.5

Some of the features :

- 96 Players

- All Animations synched

- 70+ Player Models ingame choosable

- Ingame menu

- Ingamechat (10Lines+LOG)

- ingame console

- Menu in more than 9 languages

- Scoreboard (+Extra Informations)

- New speedometer

- Ingame serverlist + WebServerlist

- Server [Pasword protected + Remote server Access with WebInterface]

- Synched Weather/Time choosable

- more than one guy in one car

Most of these are already in MTA and the others are not really that nessesary.

For me the only real improvement's will be the synced weather and time/96 ppl and of course all anims synced.

Again I wish them luck but after 6 months of hype and seeing that feature list it will have to be at least that good if not better. If Draco had been more hush hush about the new features he would have been able to shock everyone with only some of these features instead of having ppl expecting maybe more than is possible. But we will see

features for 0.5

Some of the features :

- 96 Players - cant confirm as theres never been that big of a test

- All Animations synched - they all seem syncd to me

- 70+ Player Models ingame choosable - if you can do 2 u can do 70 (and yes theres that many in there)

- Ingame menu - seen it, so have you kung just open up the menu

- Ingamechat (10Lines+LOG) - seen it, so have u kung just run the program

- ingame console - this is in, u can do certain things with it

- Menu in more than 9 languages - if you can make it one language, why not 9?

- Scoreboard (+Extra Informations) - seen it, whenever u kill someone it says u killed them as well as your score and what place ur in. and when u do stoppies etc it gives u extra sounds and a message saying u did one(and more other little details)

- New speedometer - didnt pay attention for it, but im sure its there

- Ingame serverlist + WebServerlist - the ingame serverlist is there, everythings ingame

- Server [Pasword protected + Remote server Access with WebInterface] - hes doing it, im not sure if he wants it revealed how, but this is more then possible

- Synched Weather/Time choosable - why would this be so hard to sync? please help me out im confused

- more than one guy in one car - yup its in

i annotated ur feature list for ya

I didn't say any off these things were hard to do. I assume they are all hard to do. I was just saying that I already have most of those features and I don't care about languages or speedometers or even the player models really. I would love to play with 96 ppl fully synced with weather and the rest.

The real point is that the MTA team might be making a new mod with way more features than that list has but we wouldn't know. They wouldn't post that list only to have it not released months and months later. We will have to wait until it's released to see what is possible. How long until the tests are over and the new GTAT 0.5 is released?

What are you playing tonight? :lol: couldn't resist

i see the point of what people are saying..but hold on a second..

What of half life 2 and doom whatever number it is, i know this could be classed as something completly different, but don't games companies annoyence like years in advance what will be in there next game?

i'm sure i remember reading about how great doom 3 will be (is it 3) infact its so great no computer will be able to play it smoothly or something...i mean wow!

or is this completly off topic..If draco hadn't mentinoned what he thinks he could do, praps people would of lost interest in it all together, then he felt as if no one was interested in anotehr mod and everyone would be happy with mta, but stating what he has said, he can't release it now without having those features...or everyone will flame him, praps they were unrealistic, but he said he would so he'll have to now...(does that maken sence?)

take gta world online, i think they are pretty bold intitally saying they can get the 2 cities in one engine, i have my doubts but i won't flame them for trying! if they do get it to work it would be amazing! esoecully then the whole game can be expanded considerably

*edit* i'm not saying anyone is, but from hte posts it does seem that some people like to just bash at him for trying, its like me saying ford is shite, or microsoft make useless software..at the end of the day, yes there may be better alternatives, but there still pretty dam good, and considerably better than most people can do..

everyone seems to have microsodt but imagine if bill gates didn't push all his ideas, would we even be here playing gta now?...let alone in 3D!

steadvex said

but stating what he has said, he can't release it now without having those features...or everyone will flame him, praps they were unrealistic, but he said he would so he'll have to now..

I think the problem is gtat has done exactly that in the past, made outright promises regarding features that have then not appeared in the final product, with no explanation as to why they havnt. So naturally this leads to much scepticism when the next lot of 'features' is announced.

Whereas we are very careful not to promise anything until we are 100% sure it will be included. Which is often not until we are almost ready to release. Many a time something has seemed perfectly feasable theoretically and has then failed to work, or has worked in testing then been 'broken' by the next phase of additions and changes.

mta 0.4 is shaping up nicely, and has some features currently that i would love to 'brag' about, but we don't, just in case. who knows if the next feature we finish implementing may break one of the earlier ones leaving a decision of which is the more vital to include, or alternatively starting over with both to try and solve the conflict?

The proof is in the pudding

(Just in case thats a phrase only familiar to Brits, The proof is in the release)

or is this completly off topic..If draco hadn't mentinoned what he thinks he could do, praps people would of lost interest in it all together, then he felt as if no one was interested in anotehr mod and everyone would be happy with mta, but stating what he has said, he can't release it now without having those features...or everyone will flame him, praps they were unrealistic, but he said he would so he'll have to now...(does that maken sence?)

I am not flaming him for trying I am criticizing the people who have never played the game but insist that it's the better than MTA.

(Just in case thats a phrase only familiar to Brits, The proof is in the release)

That saying is used over here (USA) but it's always used wrong.

I think the correct saying is

The proof in the pudding is in the tasting.

Edited by Guest

I am not flaming him for trying I am criticizing the people who have never played the game but insist that it's the better than MTA.

That saying is used over here (USA) but it's always used wrong.

I think the correct saying is

The proof in the pudding is in the tasting.

here its the proof is in the pudding...but then in wales we eat chip butties (and no one seems to of heard of those :P)

got a point with the people saying it will be better tho, is it fair to compar ethe mods until both have a 1.0 release? i think you can't really compare them until they both have gotten that far, with things i write the unfinished versions are usually drastically different from the final version

anywho i think i need to stop posting in this thread, starting to feel like i'm making myself look anti mta pro gtat...i just wish everyone would keep an open mind :)

*last post for me in this thread, coughs*

Nah you don't have to be pro one or the other

If you played both and you think one is better I can get that but even these GTAT test are limited.

You have to compare what was released and even the GTAT forum tells ppl not to play it.

If you go to the forum in GTAT and ask for help getting version 3 working they tell you to play chess until version 5 is out.

You have to compare what GTAT has in the works with what MTA has in the works and you can't do that cause MTA doesn't give hints until the work is done.