VC graphicproblem (win xp)

Guest buzbo

hi!

i have a weird graphic problem in VC/MTA:VC with win xp. the graphic bug looks like this: http://buzbo.port5.com/grafiikkabugi.JPG

my VC works at win ME very good but in win XP, its buggy shit. if somebody knows, please tell me.

i tested mta:vc at win ME but always i had Disconnected from server. then i tested with win XP, it worked! but the graphic problem is still with it. :cry: i hope next MTA:VC version can support win ME and other systems. :cry:

umm.....wtf??! :?: i havent seen that kind of graphics corruption before. well, make sure you have the latest video card drivers, if you have a card by Nvidia, there was an issue with some of their cards that caused graphics corruption. there was also a patch from R* that you can try if updating your drivers doesnt help.

well, if you are dual booting, i'd try installing vice into a new folder and applying the v1.1 patch to the new sintall, and run that in xp.

are u sure that will work? i mean the reinstalling takes a long time. :x but i think i need to try. :shock:

hi and thanks for the help.

my video card is a crap voodoo 5500 64mb agp from year 0.. but still the vice city works at Win ME really good. my pc is pentium 3 750mhz..

768mb ram.

and i have installed the patches but it didnt help.

3dfx was bought out and shut down by Nvidia a couple of years back, so there is no longer any proper support for these cards, and game developers don't design with Voodoos in mind any more.

Even a cheap, low end card will see a massive difference in comparison to your existing one.

hehe I used to have a V5 5500. Problem is that it doesn't support the new versions of directX... Sure they can do things to try to make it run, but you're still going to have issues.

I remember in GTA3 it couldn't display text until I got a specific WinXP patch. Sorry to say, its sounds like time for an upgrade

Have you installed the official patch version 1.1 from rockstargames?

If not then do so, graphic corruption is a well known fault with certain hardware and software combinations with Vice City.

I had graphic corruption on a P4 2.4ghz 1024mb ram and a Nvidia geforce fx5600 256mb.

hehe I used to have a V5 5500. Problem is that it doesn't support the new versions of directX... Sure they can do things to try to make it run, but you're still going to have issues.

I remember in GTA3 it couldn't display text until I got a specific WinXP patch. Sorry to say, its sounds like time for an upgrade

what patch? do u mean teh Win XP graphic lines patch or something?

i dont have money for new videocard. :cry: so i think teh final thing is to make a Win ME/98 support for MTA:VC and then i can play MTA:VC without problems.

so i think teh final thing is to make a Win ME/98 support for MTA:VC and then i can play MTA:VC without problems.

Microsoft is starting to phase out all of its old software and operating systems, so it will be a complete waste of time for the team if it takes a lot of work to integrate Win 98 support. If it's a simple tweak here and there, on the other hand, that wouldn't be so bad.

what patch? do u mean teh Win XP graphic lines patch or something?

i dont have money for new videocard. :cry: so i think teh final thing is to make a Win ME/98 support for MTA:VC and then i can play MTA:VC without problems.

he was talking about a gta3 patch . i had to use the same . all of the text were like blurred out . it was for gta3 only . but you might try it .

One tip i should give to you is update your windows to Service Pack 1 (i belive) it might help . im not sure , but it it dosen't then it won't do any harm.

Well this proves it

Those new cell phones are nice but you can't play vice city on them yet.

that screenshot is ugly

If my cell phone could push even those graphics out...i'd never pass my lecture classes lmao

voodoo, hmm...yeah the video cards who have a personality disorder and think they are paper wieghts.

if you haven't already, uninstall the card and reinstall it, i've had that fix things up before.