Hody crap... it aint working.

Guest LazerMane

You're expecting this to be another thread about the runtime error or something of the sort... well it aint.

This is a post designed to seek out exactly what the hell i am doing wrong so that others may learn from it.

First off, (we're playing LAN) we do the two cars thing. Everything is fine on my end, which brings me to the first question:

Should the client computer tell him (when connected to my LAN server) that the cars are synchronizing when he does it on his end? it does it on mine, just wondering.

Second thing, is this a version mismatch? we do the two cars thing once he is connected, i press alt+F12, it gets very laggy, but we cannot see each other.

Do we have to be in the same hideout to activate MP mode and see eachother?

Will the game work if he has a character model i cannot see?

Is there any sort of option i have to set on either my machine or on his to get it working?

The chat mode (ctrl+z, then TAB) does not work on my machine.

We are both running the BASIC 1.0 default version of GTA3, do we need to patch it to make it work?

uhmm... i cant think of enything else.

Other than that, hello, im new here.

LM

A few questions I can answer

U only have to press alt+F12 on 1 side I think.

I Don't know what happens in version 1.0 but I should go to 1.1 anyway.

You have to be at the same hideout to see eachother (or at the same other place).

In MTA0.1 and 0.2 u don't see character models. u only see the car move.

The only option u have to set is the version and the ip I think.

Why the chat mode doesn't work I dunno.

I hope I helped ya

WeSsW@Re

Aah, i see. No player models, just the cars. I think twe will be able to see the players walking around in the next version, yes?

Also, another question: Can we get out of our cars and walked around without screwing it all up? as in, can i get out and get in a new car that wasnt synchronized initially and he will still see me? Or does it have to be the same car? Can he see me doing things in the world when i am outside of the car? (punching people ect.)

Mew ^_^

LM