Funstein's .map to Lua converter - 5:1 size efficiency

funstein

Hey there lads,

I recently scripted this map converter and I thought I'd post this here so that you guys could benefit from it too. It's not really a map, but since I'm practically showing it I decided to post it in the showroom section, can be moved if necessary.

Here's a link to it : http://funste.in/converter

Basically, instead of the classic converters that add createObject onto each line, mine simply converts the .map into a table and runs through it. You can use the check boxes to be able to keep scale / dimension / interior / doublesided information, but these drastically increase the result size, so I wouldn't do it unless it's really necessary.

I've done my test on an army base mapping and reached a reduction from 150kb to 30kb = 5:1. Results may vary according to map.

Oh, and if you want to keep one of those values, say dimension, but all your things are on the same dimension (let's say, 10) then still keep the box unchecked. You can edit the last couple of lines in the result to make changes that apply to the entire collection of objects.

The converter currently converts objects only - I will add support for removals, markers etc. very soon.

I hope you guys find this useful,

Enjoy!

Funstein

Edited by Guest
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...