Quited

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16.000 players x 0.25 cent €/$ with sms = 4.000 €/$

MTA Live 0.25 cent for 30 days

Maybe this is not bad idea :D

lol, MTA would make a lot of money, probably more than the donations amount... actually, never mind

But with this budget the mta team cam make new projects,example new gamemodes - official mtasa servers and more.

0.25 cent for 30 days is nothing.

The developers are not allowed to request any money from users to use MTA. In addition, the project is already illegal by itself for the obvious reasons, but Rockstar leaves us alone unless we mess up with them. Not to mention that having to pay to play is just the worst idea I have heard.

Official servers is most likely not going to happen either, developers have a life.

• 2 weeks later...
The developers are not allowed to request any money from users to use MTA. In addition, the project is already illegal by itself for the obvious reasons, but Rockstar leaves us alone unless we mess up with them. Not to mention that having to pay to play is just the worst idea I have heard.

Official servers is most likely not going to happen either, developers have a life.

As far as I know it is not illegal in any laws of the U.S. or in terms of Rockstar Games to provide add-ons to their games. It's not a conversion, it's not an overhaul, but I would say an add-on as it's optional. I also doubt Rockstar Games really cares as GTA V online probably has 10 times more users online than in MTA, maybe even 20. I don't know how many were sold.

Even if it is to be taken as a conversion, they still include all Rockstar Games copyrights and notifications and MTA:SA is doing this for total promotion reasons and so on. It would be a loss for Rockstar Games and not a win, if they decided to take MTA/SAMP down. MTA and SAMP have increased the amount of copies sold, giving them legit profit and mod developers get nothing, except the "permission" to keep going on. MTA developers can be bribed via Mantis in order to speed up the process of fixing a bug or feature they really want implemented.

Rockstar Games EULA clearly says any reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling or anything similar is strictly prohibited:

You agree not to:

reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, display, perform, prepare derivative works based on, or otherwise modify the Software, in whole or in part;

But as I mentioned, Rockstar allows users to develop such modifications because it only helps them.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...