Can someone put Team Speak into lamens terms for me?

Team Speak is a system whereby you can issue commands and talk about tactics with fellow team mates via a microphone rather than the traditional keyboard.

If you've ever played on a LAN in the same room as your team mates, you will understand the difference this makes.

Can someone put Team Speak into lamens terms for me? I only get cryptic responses back and it seems to be a simple concept.. yet.. hear I am asking. Please inform :)

well first of I think it's lay men's terms but

Teamspeak is a client and server program that let's you speak back and forth in this separate program while you play the game

you need a mic and speakers and you just open up the ip address of the server and while you are in there you can join different rooms. There are generic servers setup that you and your teammates can use or you can set a server up real easy too.

so go to http://www.teamspeak.org and download the TS2 client and use quick connect to enter the server you want to use.

[edit]

doh it's .org not .com thanks jon. I knew that just had a brainfart

Edited by Guest

umm I don't need an english teacher assmunch :lol:

Main Entry: lay·man

Pronunciation: 'lA-m&n

Function: noun

1 : a person who is not a member of the clergy

2 : a person who does not belong to a particular profession or who is not expert in some field

It is also used properly as Lay men or lay people

the closest definition online that matches lamens is lameness

coincedence? I think not

Main Entry: 1lame

Pronunciation: 'lAm

Function: adjective

Inflected Form(s): lam·er; lam·est

Etymology: Middle English, from Old English lama; akin to Old High German lam lame, Lithuanian limti to break down

1 a : having a body part and especially a limb so disabled as to impair freedom of movement b : marked by stiffness and soreness

2 : lacking needful or desirable substance : WEAK, INEFFECTUAL

3 slang : not being in the know : SQUARE

- lame·ly adverb

- lame·ness noun

PROKOPIS WAS PARTYED :bday:

meh you guys make a big battle over nothing. it doesnt matter how he spelled it we all know what he meant. he wanted someone to put teamspeak into simple terms, or in otherwords explain what it is

Are you fuc,kin kidding me? Did you see me waltz in here n' start correcting ppl? Are you blind?

Read the damn thread again.

And Gamepreek if you're not sure what a poster's nick is (or can't be bothered to care or remember) plz find a post of theirs n' copy & paste it off of there. You don't see me twisting yours around, do you :P?

Are you fuc,kin kidding me? Did you see me waltz in here n' start correcting ppl? Are you blind?

Read the damn thread again.

And Gamepreek if you're not sure what a poster's nick is (or can't be bothered to care or remember) plz find a post of theirs n' copy & paste it off of there. You don't see me twisting yours around, do you :P?

Procops,

For me the larger point was that I was right, ass. All you did was post ! wtf is that you fuck in tool

stfu

Another pain in the ass with Prokups was that I was going to own him up in MTA for medicinal purposes but the lamer has an 800 ping. what a dick.

"The voice quality and hereby the bandwidth usage is configurable and can be low for modem users or as good as normal phone calls for better connections. Still the client's maximum bandwidth won't exceed 25.9 KBit/s (=3.3 KB/s) upstream.

Also TeamSpeak uses as little latency as possible, which makes TeamSpeak one of the best online gaming communication programs."

http://www.teamspeak.org

"The voice quality and hereby the bandwidth usage is configurable and can be low for modem users or as good as normal phone calls for better connections. Still the client's maximum bandwidth won't exceed 25.9 KBit/s (=3.3 KB/s) upstream.

Also TeamSpeak uses as little latency as possible, which makes TeamSpeak one of the best online gaming communication programs."

http://www.teamspeak.org

Well untrue

I know MrBump can't use TeamSpeak and play he must use RogerWilco a similar program with good quality. So if you have bandwith issues you might want to go with RogerWilco instead. I prefer TeamSpeak because it has a better application window. As a Admin I can drag ppl to different rooms in the server.

"Well untrue

I know MrBump can't use TeamSpeak and play he must use RogerWilco a similar program with good quality. So if you have bandwith issues you might want to go with RogerWilco instead. I prefer TeamSpeak because it has a better application window. As a Admin I can drag ppl to different rooms in the server"

Sorry, I didn't have much time to post that message, and it was a quick cut-and-paste from their About page.

"Well untrue

I know MrBump can't use TeamSpeak and play he must use RogerWilco a similar program with good quality. So if you have bandwith issues you might want to go with RogerWilco instead. I prefer TeamSpeak because it has a better application window. As a Admin I can drag ppl to different rooms in the server"

Sorry, I didn't have much time to post that message, and it was a quick cut-and-paste from their About page.

lol ok

I thought it was too well written for this forum. Plus it is technically correct since even it's the slowest it is one of the fastest just last in that list of the fastest, I guess. :lol:

Procops,

For me the larger point was that I was right, ass. All you did was post ! wtf is that you :o in tool

stfu[...]

You think you are right and that's the constant problem with you.

You see, you'll bother to correct mistakes in other ppl's posts - something which by now you should've figured doesn't help any, is pointless and annoying - you make mistakes yourself while at it and then, when some1 gives you a taste of the same medicine, you'll get bent outta shape n' start with the stfu shit. I even tried to be subtle about it the 1st time around, but you were just too thick to take a hint and drop the cunning linguist act.

[...]Another pain in the ass with Prokups was that I was going to own him up in MTA for medicinal purposes but the lamer has an 800 ping. what a dick.

Lol try again; I'm sure you can make it sound even cockier.

I dunno what the deal with you is. You think you're the king or something playin it pimp, or talkin shit whenever, wherever. And it's not just my conclusion; I've heard the same thing from other ppl when some1 would bring your name up in a serv. But either way, out of curiosity, when did you ever "own" me in the past to be basing that on? Still, if you care to find out, look me up when I'm playing and we'll find out who can "own" whom.

And for the record, you know damn well I'm on dialup, so I dunno what this "diss the 56ker" brainfart is all about now. Ever since .3 things have been laggier for me in every server and that's why I've been playing less n' less online. Anyway on most of them, my ping was still around 360-380ms on average, just the spikes n shit have gotten more frequent or something. There was only one exception and that was the Goons server; the few times I ever tried to play there it would be around 800, so I always left a min later without trying to play.

Now yesterday was my first time playing after my uni exams period, so I just wanted to see if it was really that bad, or maybe it was just the serv not liking my con (once I tried with a cranky con I had from a different ISP and that gave me a 400 ping). After trying to play for 15 mins, without having much fun in the process, I left cause it was really as bad as it said. I probly won't be playing on the goons server any time soon, but I didn't give it a 2nd thought about those 15 mins. Turns out it was annoying for the mighty TofuGrip though! Well tough break for ya, but I don't give a shit.

If just being in the same serv with ppl on slow cons or similar probs makes them a dick in your book, guess what you are in theirs for getting such a shitty experience out of it and have you bitchin about it on top of that.

Have fun now.

Edit: Back on topic, I don't think TS or any kind of VOIP proggy should be takin more than 5KB/s out of your con.

is pointless and annoying -

I agree you are pointless and annoying and I am a cunning linguist and a master debater.

Nice post edit too you are an ass

I have only seen you in game one time and it was last night. You were on for way longer than 15 minutes and I only remembered your name because you had just tried to correct me when I was right to begin with.

You think you're the king or something

I have never said that but you just did so I will take it as a compliment. and I don't care what other lamers agree with you

And for the record, you know damn well I'm on dialup

I don't remember anything about you ass. I don't get pissed when people are on dialup but I wanted to own you specifically last night and your 800 ping cheated me of the chance. I play with ppl who use dialup all the time and if they are 400 or less it can still be sporting but I might as well play the lottery than try to shoot your dumb ass. now stfu and go away assmunch