the "spectate" command in the admin resource.

Fella

so, here's the deal: basically what i want to do is to give access to the "spectate" command to some certain usergroup, so they can spectate ppl via the admin panel or just by pressing "B" in game. that's all fine, but in the same time just adding "command.spectate" in the ACL does nothing at all and i mean it. to make it work i must give this specific usergroup the admin rights in the "Race" settings. which means that this usergroup can not only spectate, but redo maps, set maps, and set gamemode. and this is a complete bullshit. and this completely doesn't suit me.

so my question is: how to properly give access to the "spectate" command without letting this usergroup to redo and set maps?

thanks in advance.

You can edit the race gamemode itself, in the race_server.lua file, replace the manual spectate request function, that should be enough, i haven't tested but give it a try:

-- Handle client request for manual spectate 
addEvent('onClientRequestSpectate', true) 
addEventHandler('onClientRequestSpectate', g_Root, 
    function(enable) 
        if checkClient( false, source, 'onClientRequestSpectate' ) then return end 
        -- Checks if switching on 
        local player = source 
        if enable then 
            if not stateAllowsManualSpectate() then return end 
            if not _TESTING then 
                -- if isPlayerInACLGroup(player, g_GameOptions.admingroup) then 
                    if not RaceMode.isMapRespawn() and g_GameOptions.norsadminspectate then 
                        return false 
                    end 
                -- else 
                    -- if not RaceMode.isMapRespawn() or not g_GameOptions.anyonecanspec then 
                        -- return false 
                    -- end 
                -- end 
            end 
        end 
        if isPlayerSpectating(player) ~= enable then 
            if enable then 
                clientCall(player, "Spectate.start", 'manual' ) 
                if not g_GameOptions.stealthspectate or not isPlayerInACLGroup(player, g_GameOptions.admingroup) then 
                    setPlayerStatus( player, nil, "spectating") 
                end 
                Override.setCollideOthers( "ForSpectating", RaceMode.getPlayerVehicle( player ), 0 ) 
                g_SavedVelocity[player] = {} 
                g_SavedVelocity[player].velocity = {getElementVelocity(g_Vehicles[player])} 
                g_SavedVelocity[player].turnvelocity = {getVehicleTurnVelocity(g_Vehicles[player])} 
            else 
                clientCall(player, "Spectate.stop", 'manual' ) 
                setPlayerStatus( player, nil, "") 
                Override.setCollideOthers( "ForSpectating", RaceMode.getPlayerVehicle( player ), nil ) 
                if g_GameOptions.racerespawn and RaceMode.getNumberOfCheckpoints() > 0 then 
                    -- Do respawn style restore 
                    restorePlayer( g_CurrentRaceMode.id, player, true, true ) 
                else 
                    -- Do 'freeze/collision off' stuff when stopping spectate 
                    RaceMode.playerFreeze(player, true, true) 
                    TimerManager.createTimerFor("map",player):setTimer(afterSpectatePlayerUnfreeze, 2000, 1, player, true) 
                end 
            end 
        end 
    end 
) 

The commented lines are the conditions for to use the function, you easily edit it for a certain usergroup too, look on the wiki for the isPlayerInACLGroup function.

firstly, thanks for your reply, secondly, now as far as i can see, anyone can use the spectate command, even a regular players, which is not exactly the result i was hoping for. and thirdly, i wasn't able to find anything about isPlayerInACLGroup in the wiki. could you provide me with a link?

i assume, it's the line #25 where i need to replace "player" with my acl grpup(s), right?

2. Use these functions:

isObjectInACLGroup -- checks if the object is in the acl group 
getAccountName -- Get's the player's account name 
aclGetGroup --Get's the group by name 
------------------Example---------------------- 
isObjectInACLGroup("user."..getAccountName(source),aclGetGroup("admin")) --checks if the player is in the admin group 

3. There's no function named "isPlayerInACLGroup". I think he meant "isObjectInACLGroup"