[SOLVED] Multiple Times

MOHAKO

Hello guys.

Amm, I'm here for a really stupid question, but... here it is - I want to create 'something' which will be shown multiple times, multiple times depending on some count (see example below).

e.g.

if the count will be 5, it will print 'dxDrawRectangle' 5 times.

Anyone can help me out? :roll:

Edited by Guest

Yeah... But when it's used in "onClientRender", the result being printed infinity times...

e.g

screenY, count = nil 

function one_bla() 
 -- some code 
 screenY = 20 
 -- another code gets the count of something 
 count = 5 -- sets the count from something 
 addEventHandler("onClientRender", getRootElement(), drawBg) 
end 

function drawBg() 
 for i = 1, count do 
  dxDrawRectangle(0, screenY, 256, 64, tocolor(0,0,0,100), false) 
  screenY = screenY + 66 
 end 
end 

I don't know what's the point in this.

onClientRender renders infinitely corresponding to the client's rendering time and I am not sure why do you want a "count" in it. Do you want to show it a limited amount of time like five seconds or what is it?

Well, the point is - in the first function, it'll select the characters from the database and print them in the character selection screen. The second function, which renders the 'dxDrawRectangle', will be used as background for one character... If account has two characters, it'll draw another 'dxDrawRectangle', but in the second 'dxDrawRectangle', the Y coordinates will be changed by +66 pixels, You got me?

Oh, okay. The following worked fine for me.

local screenY, count, space = 0, 0, 66 -- y-coordinate, the amount of boxes and the multiplier how far the boxes are set from each other 

-- function to draw the rectangles 
function drawBg() 
    for i=1,count do -- repeat until we reach the amount of boxes 
        dxDrawRectangle(0, screenY+(space*i), 256, 64, tocolor(0, 0, 0, 100), false) -- draw the rectangle so that it counts the space multiplied with the box count incremented with the y-coordinate 
    end 
end 

-- initialization for background rendering 
function initBg() 
    screenY, count = 20, 5 -- set the variables how we want them 
    addEventHandler("onClientRender", root, drawBg) -- trigger the event handler for the rendering 
end 
initBg() -- launch the initialization 

It's kinda tricky but to be honest mathematics are always the answer to the toughest questions after all. It usually solves most of the problems when trying to be accurate.

In this case it was rather simple: 20+(5*count)