More Functions should added in MTA

hi all

It's nice to be these functions and exist

Functions:

engineloadIFP 

cancelAnimations -- Important 

loadCustom ped.ifp , anim.img , gta3.imgAnimations (Animations in gta3.img file example rifle.ifp) 

getMTAsettings 

setMTAsettings 

getServerIP 

getModSize (The size of gta3.img and gta_int.img files) 

setCursorIcon (for custom Cursor Icon) 

fxAddGraphics 

guiCreateGIF 

guiSetButtonColour 

guiSetTabColour 

Edited by Guest

setCursorIcon > Useless, you can set cursor alpha to 0 and draw your own.

guiButtonColour > I don't understand this, do you mean the text of the button or the actual button color?

guiTabColour > Why would you want to set a tab colour?

cancelAnimations > What is this for?

setCursorIcon > Useless, you can set cursor alpha to 0 and draw your own.

guiSetButtonColour > I don't understand this, do you mean the text of the button or the actual button color?

guiSetTabColour > Why would you want to set a tab colour?

cancelAnimations > What is this for?

setCursorIcon for custom Cursor Icon

cancelAnimations (example : cancel jump animation and other animations in ped.ifp , anim.img and gta3.imgAnimations)

Ok, let's see:

• engineLoadIFP: Look into the bug tracker and you will know why this hasn't been added yet.
  • cancelAnimations: As for your example - toggle jump control off.
  • loadCustom: Is it needed to repeat the same?
  • getMTASettings: The name itself is ugly, dxGetStatus and getChatboxLayout should also do it.
  • setMTASettings: No..?
  • getServerIP: What's the purpose?
  • getModSize: Once again, what's the purpose?
  • setCursorIcon: setCursorAlpha + tracking mouse movement and drawing your own should do it.
  • fxAddGraphics: ?
  • guiCreateGIF: Maintaining lots of pictures for a single thing is not something I would like to do, an animated GIF (which is the only purpose of enabling GIF support here, I guess) is basically just a bunch of GIFs (they are lossy so I wouldn't use that image file type either) compacted into one - it is trivial and can be implemented easily in Lua.
  • guiSetButtonColor: You could always render your picture as a button.
  • guiSetTabColor: You could always create your own GUI library or implement customizable tabs using DirectX functions.

Ok, let's see:

• engineLoadIFP: Look into the bug tracker and you will know why this hasn't been added yet.
  • cancelAnimations: As for your example - toggle jump control off.
  • loadCustom: Is it needed to repeat the same?
  • getMTASettings: The name itself is ugly, dxGetStatus and getChatboxLayout should also do it.
  • setMTASettings: No..?
  • getServerIP: What's the purpose?
  • getModSize: Once again, what's the purpose?
  • setCursorIcon: setCursorAlpha + tracking mouse movement and drawing your own should do it.
  • fxAddGraphics: ?
  • guiCreateGIF: Maintaining lots of pictures for a single thing is not something I would like to do, an animated GIF (which is the only purpose of enabling GIF support here, I guess) is basically just a bunch of GIFs (they are lossy so I wouldn't use that image file type either) compacted into one - it is trivial and can be implemented easily in Lua.
  • guiSetButtonColor: You could always render your picture as a button.
  • guiSetTabColor: You could always create your own GUI library or implement customizable tabs using DirectX functions.

getServerIP purpose is to get server IP and has a many uses

getModSize purpose is get Mod Size in gta3.img To verify that the files in gta3.img original or no

"fxAddGraphics" add Graphics to Server (example : ENBSeries graphics)

getMTAsettings = You mean this for meta.xml ?

if the answer yes use ,

getMTAsettings = get

setMTAsettings = set

if the answer is not true Explain to me :D .

nope i think he meant setting the client settings

but most of his requests are useless .. actually i don't find something useful here ..

All of those can be done with the current MTA functions, unfortunately.

engineLoadIFP is not available due to it having critical bugs and therefore is still an on-going project over Mantis.

How can Custom cars get all the 3 paintjobs? D:

And no, with shaders no, shaders will just replace car default body.

engineLoadIFP is not available due to it having critical bugs and therefore is still an on-going project over Mantis.

When it comes down to paintjobs on custom modifications, it gets a little more complicated than you think it would, however in my opinion it could be done - yet I am no expert in that expertise so I can't really say for sure, maybe I'll leave that to the developers.

However, you can make custom paintjobs and with shaders put them on the vehicle like I do.

When it comes down to paintjobs on custom modifications, it gets a little more complicated than you think it would, however in my opinion it could be done - yet I am no expert in that expertise so I can't really say for sure, maybe I'll leave that to the developers.

However, you can make custom paintjobs and with shaders put them on the vehicle like I do.

Yes, i already made default sultan a Rally with shaders, but i have to find the way to add custom paintjobs to custom cars.

Now to finish off this despicable, rubbish topic by an inexperienced pathetic excuse for a scripter:

engineloadIFP - A planned function since 2009 Nothing you do will change this.

cancelAnimations - just use setPedAnimation(player), that removes any active animation. If you're really stubborn, which I assume you are, use this code:

function cancelAnimations(p) 
    return setPedAnimation(p) 
end 

loadCustom ped.ifp , anim.img , gta3.imgAnimations (Animations in gta3.img file example rifle.ifp) - refer to the first one.

getMTAsettings

setMTAsettings

Nickname: getPlayerName()

Graphics: DxGetStatus

Audio: Why would you need this?

Chat: getChatBoxLayout

getServerIP -

getModSize (The size of gta3.img files) OnPlayerModInfo use this, because no, using a function doesn't make it better.

setCursorIcon (for custom Cursor Icon) - set setCursorAlpha and dxDrawImage

fxAddGraphics - what teh actualwhat

guiCreateGIF - dxDrawGifImage

guiSetButtonColour

guiSetTabColour

----

implement your own gui system.

Another good solution

You can now attempt to bribe MTA devs to fix your favorite bug or add some new feature to MTA:SA.

All monies collected go towards meeting the costs of running the MTA:SA servers. (Full details of which are available somewhere)