How to spot cheaters ?

Guest [GSV]Kaiser

thanks for making the mod btw its superb :D

now basically were trying to run our own server and basically we get a lot of shouts of cheaters but tbh i dont exactly know what im looking for, i know the netcode isnt perfect and accept that but behavious should we be looking for ?

^ so that means it's not 100% a clear sign of cheating. You gotta be a bit more reserved with possible cop playing cheaters cause of that.

I'll tell you what is another definite sign of cheating: no clipping mode on. That means passing through walls if you didn't know.

Yesterday one asshole was ruining the fun for everyone @ HopelessHeroes cause he kept spawn killing mexicans for like 30 mins at the terminal with the robber chopper (black mav). Was tricky to jack it from him too, since he was an experienced lamer and he'd dive into the ground leaving the the rotor above only when he'd see you try, or he'd just go way down and then up again.

Of course the law prevailed in the end :D.

1) Running speed cannot be modified.

2) You shoot someone with shotgun, if they fall down for you it does not yet mean that they got hit and they fell down.

I tell this because some noob was thinking I am walking too fast (i was strafing+running) and told this to admin, then I got kicked.

Then they always said I fall down after they shoot me with shotgun and I don't loose any HP.... I was already at a bit different place when they shot me.

Later admin was sure I cheat because I died always after someone said I cheat. I was replieng to them and it is quite hard to not die when you are talking and others try to kill u.

2) You shoot someone with shotgun, if they fall down for you it does not yet mean that they got hit and they fell down.

I tell this because some noob was thinking I am walking too fast (i was strafing+running) and told this to admin, then I got kicked.

Then they always said I fall down after they shoot me with shotgun and I don't loose any HP.... I was already at a bit different place when they shot me.

Later admin was sure I cheat because I died always after someone said I cheat. I was replieng to them and it is quite hard to not die when you are talking and others try to kill u.

hmm, are others shooting left or right of you?

if yes, thats a bug. some ppl think its cheating

a few things I tend to notice going on while people are cheating..

1. the game crashes repeatedly and have to rejoin the game. I generally only notice this after being on a server that's been running smoothly for at least 5-10 minutes.

2. I also see vehicles partially sumerged in the street.. only able to see half of the vehicle. This might be a lag/netcode issue... but I generally only see this in conjuction with the above

1) Yes, it does exist. I've only seen two people doing it. I saw one guy running as fast as a cheetah down the road. He confirmed it too, I was in the game for about 3 hours with the guy. It was no "bug" or "lag." The second guy was teleporting (No, not lag teleporting). One second he was on the roof of the robber's mansion. I run away, grab a car, floor it, and around the bridge near the mall there he is with a shotgun shooting at me (He was shooting on the roof too). He also confirmed his 'magic powers'.

2) You're right in some ways, but an experienced shotgun user can tell if they've actually hit the target. Namely because the target ceases movement or any other activity. Getting hit with the shotgun, and falling, on your enemies side of the game is apparently obvious to the shooter, whereas, if the shooter hits but the target doesn't show getting hit, the target will fall on the shooter's screen and continue to move around, and in some cases, jump up instantly because the target is actually standing & shooting. Although this isn't a reliable method and I'd never trust someone to say there's a god moder because his shotgun didn't do any damage, there's way too many lag issues for that. However, if they don't die from a helicopter's blades then 8 out of 10 times they are cheating, but on some occasions I have seen some lag from that.

The best way to find a god moder is to have a group of at least 3 people Stubby the "cheater" like crazy. If all 3 clients see him on the ground, being shot, not moving, etc, there's a good chance he's cheating.

yeah ive seen ppl running really fast while shooting, one guy was following me flying in the hunter shooting the minigun at me (which isnt even in mta!)

Another sign of a god cheat it if u are shooting someone, say with the m60, and u see their health go to yellow for a split second and then go back up to green instantly, then they are cheating, definately.

But hey these days there r so many cheats, they arnt hard to spot most of the time... :P

oh and LOL Mr.Bill

Another sign of a god cheat it if u are shooting someone, say with the m60, and u see their health go to yellow for a split second and then go back up to green instantly, then they are cheating, definately.

I know that sometimes lag causes it to do that. If you ever see someone's health doing that, I wouldn't be so quick as to call them a cheater because later on, you'll probably be proved wrong. I've seen that happen so many times and later on, they die just fine. Possibly they could have turned their cheats OFF by then, but I never say anything and no one else does either. So, it's probably just your client-side of the game playing tricks on you... :(

yeah i know what u mean there, but ive found that if ppl arnt cheating and there health goes down and back up, then they tend to fall down aswell, and their health goes right to zero and backup, but when someone is constantly flickereing between yellow and green when u r shooting them they r definately cheating :twisted:

Ok... might as well hear it from me.

Amatuers have a health code on that doesnt protect them from certain weapons. A way to be sure is to chainsaw them, their health usually goes yellow to green. Another way is to use a shotgun and hit them. If the fall down and dont lose any health, that may be cheats or lag. Also, stubbies (Robber's Shotgun) can kill amatuer cheaters.

Sometimes if you manage to kill a cheater and it says You killed Cheater. Then if it says "Cheater dies" after that, he may be cheating.

Superfast car speed or walking speed can also be cheating. If you see someone fly really quickly on the map, its either jetpacking or fast cars flying around.

Also if you see cars or heli's in the airport or closed areas, they have either a collision edit or jetpacked into the area.

Some experienced cheats cannot die from heli blades or stubbies. So watch out for us.

OK it seems I hav been behind the time. O and I wear my shotgun only when I shoot, maybe it looks like i run and wear it, but im not sure it. Most of the combat time I dont wear shotgun.

And that running speed hack... I saw it today first time @ one server. :wink:

Ok... might as well hear it from me.

Amatuers have a health code on that doesnt protect them from certain weapons. A way to be sure is to chainsaw them, their health usually goes yellow to green. Another way is to use a shotgun and hit them. If the fall down and dont lose any health, that may be cheats or lag. Also, stubbies (Robber's Shotgun) can kill amatuer cheaters.

Sometimes if you manage to kill a cheater and it says You killed Cheater. Then if it says "Cheater dies" after that, he may be cheating.

Superfast car speed or walking speed can also be cheating. If you see someone fly really quickly on the map, its either jetpacking or fast cars flying around.

Also if you see cars or heli's in the airport or closed areas, they have either a collision edit or jetpacked into the area.

Some experienced cheats cannot die from heli blades or stubbies. So watch out for us.

wow ice your really looking for that known cheater rank huh?

Why not be the excheater cheat enforcer type. I have played with you in the KFC private and you were not cheating at all. Do that more and don't cheat. Most times cheaters are lamers that are frustrated cause they can't play well. Haven't you gotten this outta your system?

Anyway if you don't see the heliblades spinning they can't kill you and it's happened to me. So you can not helikill someone and they are not cheating.

If you stubby someone and knock them down and they don't loose health they might be cops with armor. If people's health go back up they might be sailors or it might be a sync issue.

If it says you killed.... and then ..... died? It's happened to me before and I have never cheated.

My point is that unless someone has a minigun or a flying firetruck or they move unnaturally fast and not the tight circles running around you fast but the friggin flash arcross the screen fast. you can't be certain they are cheating.

The easiest way to tell if someone is a cheater is when the post that they are in the forum or the chat :lol: