MySQL vs SQLite/MTA

I got bored and made myself a login panel for MySQL, I now don't know what to do with it exactly.

I keep thinking "Maybe MTA functions are quicker and easier to use..." and such thoughts.

So I'm here to ask a question: Should I go fully down the path of MySQL, should I stick MTA's SQLite databases, functions and events, or should I try to find a happy medium?

mysql is only really useful in the following cases:

* u want to hook it up to another database like a website (ie forum account integration) or just want to store it elsewhere

* u want to do relational database things like foreign keys and triggers

up to you

Mysql and sqllite are mostly same but msyql is more functionally because of remote access.

So IF I want remote access, then MySQL is the way forward? But if I DON'T want remote access...?

And if I want to make a forum for my server, can I just verify a players login details through the internal.db and link it to a forum account?

MySQL is more functional and convenient. Sooner or later you will realize that it's true.

Care to elaborate in which ways exactly that MySQL is "more functional and convenient"?

So IF I want remote access, then MySQL is the way forward? But if I DON'T want remote access...?

That's what I meant by "convenient" along with MTA MySQL module which I believe has more features and functionality. There's no denying that both SQL and MySQL are almost the same, but I'm holding the opinion that MySQL is better. And if you think I'm wrong, then get your own way.

There's no denying that both SQL and MySQL are almost the same,

not at all. yall treating this like an argument of mac vs windows (which one you "like better"), but SQLite is designed to have basic functionality so applications can run their own internal db (iOS apps also use this). while MySQL is an enterprise solution with features I mentioned earlier but also security, stored procedures, transactions, scalability... all of these are clearly more advanced possibilities laymen won't need so it's really up to a developer to make their choice

in this case, developing a login resource, then I too would advise mysql

to answer ur question about remote access: mysql is the only way as sqlite does not support multiconnections. if you dont want remote access then you can still use mysql because you just allow localhost connections (as it is out of the box installations) and naturally lets not forget theres still login required so not just anyone can access the data