MTAVC problem

Guest big_sammy_b

Hi

I am new to these forums but i hope you can help.

I am running a unmodded version of VC and have the latest MTAVC client installed.

Upon joining a game on any server after a couple of minutes i disconnect and get given the following message:-

CRC Chat client timed out

I have mtried various things to resolve this with no luck. The old version never did this so i was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction?

I only have 56k to play (no adsl where i live) but i get a relatively low ping usually between 200 - 300 which is good for 56k.

Yeah i have found the solution i think.

I'm at work right now so i will find out if it worksl tonight, but thanks for the info.

And yes i'll try not to be such a n00b next time :oops:

I installed v0.3 as advised but unfortuneatly i can't play on the latest servers with it and the dreaded CRC chat errors keep crashing me out as before.

I have tried running v0.2 and it runs normally with no disconnecting but the friends i play with play on the latest servers and so v0.2 is of no use.

• 2 weeks later...

umm look below he admitted not searching. If that didn't solve his problem that is besides the point. If he replied in this thread that he already tried that with no sucess you might have had a point but of course as usual you don't. Nice try you grezzy fuck

site1019.jpg

Yeah i have found the solution i think.

I'm at work right now so i will find out if it worksl tonight, but thanks for the info.

And yes i'll try not to be such a n00b next time :oops:

umm look below he admitted not searching. If that didn't solve his problem that is besides the point. If he replied in this thread that he already tried that with no sucess you might have had a point but of course as usual you don't. Nice try you grezzy :o

Yet again you get caught talking through your favourite bodypart that is your ass and yet again you're doing a pathetic job of trying to mop the shit up. Below are some facts for your enjoyment:

- Of course he didn't search then; he was new to these forums and even said so himself. That was to be expected and I dunno wtf is has to do with anything? The "Seek and ye shall find" line was directed to someone who already knew about that CRC theory from the moment it was posted, namely me.

- Now when ppl come here asking for help with something you don't butt in to post your piece of spam about how they should be using the search function and whatnot unless you're 100% sure you have a solution for them, or that one can be found at all. If neither is true, you're not really helping. Generally that's a rule of thumb, but to you it's probably a first. So how's it besides the point if you're replying to that in your usual wiseass prick style and as it turns out you're not even giving him a solution to his problem?

- Later on I come posting myself to hint to you that nothing can completely eliminate the CRC timeouts, but you ignore that too and reply to me in the usual KFG fashion.

- For someone that supposedly knows where they're sending the newb with their link, you also ignored (or even missed) the fact that that wasn't really a solution in the first place as the editing of the post 1 month ago showed ("I HAVE JUST FOUND OUT THIS DOES NOT WORK ALTHOUGH IT HELPS A BIT!"). Dunno, maybe you need even thicker glasses... Still Clouseau wonders off to crack the next case.

- Finally, 12 days later he's so frustrated he makes a new thread about the same thing cause obviously nothing including your "fix" has solved his problem and when I let you know just so you won't have any illusions about it (and post it again sometime in the future), you nag n' pout the way you did. But of course I don't have a point as usual... Well, I hope this made my point if you didn't get it the first time dickhead.

Now go shove that pic of you where the sun don't shine and here's a tip for next time as well: if you're gonna give ppl advice or "solutions" in your half-assed posts, try throwing in something like a "maybe", or an "I think" somewhere to make sure you got your bases covered just in case, since you clearly don't know half as well as you think you do half of the things you think you do and the things you really know, you know less than half about than what you think you do. And it shows.

Cheers for sticking up for me m8 appreciate that.

I'm still none the wiser as to how to best resolve this problem, but my pc could do with a reload anyway so maybe if i do that it'll solve the problem.

It does after all seem to be a somewhat non specific problem as i have seen many different people suggest very different things to resolve it. As yet none have worked so hopefully format c: will. :D

Once again thanks for the help and advice i'll let you know if i can get it working.