RPM System & Manual Transmission

Topo1st

It's sad that you don't want to release source... But I've found new source of sounds - NFS High Stakes™© (and other Trademarks). With NFS Wizard I'm extracted all sounds from files CARENG.BNK, OCARENG.BNK and SCARENG.BNK. Actually I'm testing the sounds of cars at home and... they sound strange, because at maximum RPM the sound is "unreliable" (or rather "break"), but still very good. If you want, I can upload all the extracted sounds, maybe you'll know how to fix these sounds, because with your script, they may be really very, very good. (I love to repeat the words)

Hah, thanks :D. You can try using Audacity or another audio editing software and slow down the audio samples, then they may sound better.

i tried this in my local server and i drived infernus and it would come like to 10330 rpm and whenever i change gear it wouldnt make change i could drive on gear 5 gear N whatever and i will have same speed as usual infernus it makes engines sound silently even after stopping the resource

nice job but can you fix that?

i tried this in my local server and i drived infernus and it would come like to 10330 rpm and whenever i change gear it wouldnt make change i could drive on gear 5 gear N whatever and i will have same speed as usual infernus it makes engines sound silently even after stopping the resource

Like this guy said, on gear N it runs like it usually runs (arcade-ish)

I know, that I can use Audacity and I'm using it ( :D ), but I don't know rate of sound and even if I change it to 44100 Hertz (like in your sounds), I've same issue like I wrote before.

I mean changing the speed of the sound (effects menu >> change speed (or something like that)). Keep slowing it until it sounds good with max rpm.

Neutral gear and torque changes are still W.I.P. I described them in the first post. But engine sounds? They should stop automatically after stopping the resource.

If i drived for a while and then i stoped ( no matter what gear i'm in ) the car won't move at all !

Hah, sounds like you didn't press clutch before the car stopped. (The engine stopped as it lost its power.)

EDIT: It's recommended to have a resource (like car_locks) which let's you restart the engine if you accidentally make it stop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...