RPM System & Manual Transmission

Topo1st

I have seen discussion about creating an RPM system for MTA. I saw a video of another manual transmission script with RPM system but it wasn't available anymore, so I created my own concept.

It features a clutch and up to seven 24 gears + neutral. It's still W.I.P as it lacks reverse gear, has no torque change between gears (yep, you can go for a trip by using just the fifth gear, currently) and every car uses same engine sound.

Gears and sounds can be changed in XML files.

--Download--

https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p=resources&s=details&id=7466

Edited by Guest
About the sound thingy... you could add a car id something that lets you change the sound by groups.

For example, muscles can have one, japanese cars another, etc.

Also please link of the skid marks? or they are in the resource

I'm currently working with the car sounds. I have all the car sounds ready to be used, but I have to check manually which sound fits with a specific car. And that takes a lot of time...

The skid marks are from Function-X's "Overdose Effects" mod located at http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=9226.

About the sound thingy... you could add a car id something that lets you change the sound by groups.

I'm currently working with the car sounds. I have all the car sounds ready to be used, but I have to check manually which sound fits with a specific car. And that takes a lot of time...

The skid marks are from Function-X's "Overdose Effects" mod located at http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=9226.

Yeah, i know all of them could take time. Thats why i said, make a xml with groups or a lua, and people can change them freely.

Yeah, i know all of them could take time. Thats why i said, make a xml with groups or a lua, and people can change them freely.

Aah, now I see. Well, that makes my job easier. Thanks for the suggestion :D

Hm... I'm think that I've found something weird... or maybe it must be, I dunno. But I'm think it's something like issue - every car have 11000 RPM. Maybe (I'm only suggest) you can do, that every car have other RPM in XML file?

The engine limitter was meant to be around 8000 RPM. I had to change it to 11000 for right gear ratios.

Hm... I'm think that I've found something weird... or maybe it must be, I dunno. But I'm think it's something like issue - every car have 11000 RPM. Maybe (I'm only suggest) you can do, that every car have other RPM in XML file?

The engine limitter was meant to be around 8000 RPM. I had to change it to 11000 for right gear ratios.

You can take a look at my RPM from comunity. it's shifting around 7000 , 11000 it's a bit funny big

It's sad that you don't want to release source... But I've found new source of sounds - NFS High Stakes™© (and other Trademarks). With NFS Wizard I'm extracted all sounds from files CARENG.BNK, OCARENG.BNK and SCARENG.BNK. Actually I'm testing the sounds of cars at home and... they sound strange, because at maximum RPM the sound is "unreliable" (or rather "break"), but still very good. If you want, I can upload all the extracted sounds, maybe you'll know how to fix these sounds, because with your script, they may be really very, very good. (I love to repeat the words)