Autodownload

Guest Myren

There needs very badly to be a map and car autodownloader which will temporarily swap out cars and load maps for the user. Connect to a server, a list of whats about to be changed comes up, user accepts or disconnects. Upon exit, everything is restored.

GTA multiplayer rocks. Customizability is even better.

If you want to send me just the functions for initial server connection, I can code the rest myself.

Myren

This has already been said in another topic; but ill post my ideas anyways. Im just a bitch like that :P

It would be good for the most part; but what about the 56Kers and the peeps who want to keep their install clean? Then theres virus/hack troubles... :(

The thing I meant to say is that the models collision dimensions are stored in the handling.cfg, therefore the modified models need them to work properly, otherwise you wouldnt be able to tell what size your car has (you'd have to guess). Another thing is the Default.IDE file that usually also gets modified to display a new set of wheels. I just recommend to have two versions of GTA installed: a modded one for singleplayer or Multiplay over LAN, and an original one for Multiplay over Internet.

it wouldnt be forcing anyone to download anything. there would still be vainlla servers around, no doubt, but sometimes you just got that craving for a nice black supra, or f16, or Rx-7.

The whole point of this is to update everyones game who joins a server so you can join a server with a ton of customizations, and it will set up your game to run exactly like all the other games on the server. Update all the collision, handling, models, skins, everything.

AFAIK, the reason MTA wants a fresh install is because varying configurations cause problems. if they all vary the same, no ones the wiser and the world keeps moving. A little faster, in my Viper.

Myren

Hm or a new Folder "mta" in your GTA3 Folder with all the handling.cfg etc.. and when you play online you use the cfgs in the MTA folder and when you play singleplayer u use the cfgs in the normal GTA3 Folder! Isn't that possible?