MTA Menu

I think actual menu in game is good. But what about change it to a lobby server? When player turn on the game, he will spawn in a MTA Lobby Server. It could be looks like PlayStation Home ( click for example picture ) and there create some places (not on GTA Standard Map) where players could do everything they want if on any servers is something that we wouldn't like. Create markers on some places for "Server browsing", "options" etc. But when we press "Esc" button, we will see standard Menu. That could be server and menu in one :D. Making a mini-games and other stuff and it will be awesome ! What do you think about it? Please write your opinions ;)

Hmm.. "it would need a very powerful host" - I don't think so. Players could be hidden when they are away from us and they shouldn't be showed all.. If 325 players turn on MTA then they're spawning and it could be laggy for someone. So here is next proposition creating a friends list. They'll be showed all time ( if they aren't stay away ). In one places could be for example 100 players showed ( because in another places they should not be showed ;) ) of course if places will be big.. Smaller place = smaller number of people showed there.

So.. They can give us rights to do what we want, but only for trusted peoples that we know they don't steal anything.. but I don't think that someone want to steal this scripts for doing copy MTA Lobby. Trusted peoples = I mean for example Solidsnake14 aka Castillo ( Yes I remember you, I was playing with on your server and we was trolling players :D, I suggested you doing Computer System :D, my nick was: Ballasbuster :D ), and Mr.Pres[T]ege ( you don't look as a thief :) ) etc. MTA Scripters can do something really good without MTA Developers, they should spend time on fix bugs and other stuff :D

Err... Sorry, but am I the only one who thinks this is a terrible idea?

Firstly, it'll take ages to achieve anything. Remember how well Fable 3's pause menu worked...?

And not only would it need a giant host, I think a better question is: who will host it, and why? It costs money, and what happens when the host dies? We'd be locked out of playing MTA. Same if a server is on an older version of MTA, then if we downgraded to join the old one then we'd be locked out the bloody menu screen,

And for what - so we can do the exact same things we can already do, without manually joining a server? It's not worth it, and it just makes it take longer to get to the server you want to. Instead of a nice GUI instantly, you need to wait for the game to load up and join to some random server for no point.

On top of this, who decide the rules of the lobby? Who decides what you can and cannot do in the lobby, which 1. Holds thousands of players who by default join automatically, and 2. Is needed to join any other server?

These problems are not easy. Why should one server be able to forge the rules that determine whether or not you can play MTA whatsoever? You've unknowingly implemented a global ban list.

And yes, this would need a massively powerful host. Sure, you can make some players appear invisible to others, but you still need to download information from each player. That suggestion makes things easier for the clients, more than the server itself. And even if it could help, how do you choose who is, and isn't hidden? You'd need a vastly powerful computer in your host that would perform this algorithm that needs to:

. Remember who is and isn't invisible to every player

. Somehow manage a system for player driven cars, so that if somebody invisible to you steals a car the car doesn't disappear.

. Make sure that weapons, explosives, etc don't effect any other "universes" than the one the player is in

. Always ensure friends of each player are in the same universe, meaning the server itself needs to know who has what friends

. Ensure no collision detection between invisible and visible players/cars etc

That may help a teeny tiny bit on what the server needs to upload to players, but you'd need to upgrade the machines specs so much it wouldn't be worth it, or have 20 thousand servers instead and somehow dynamically connect and disconnect players from one and another when they add new friends etc.

• 4 months later...

You'd be forced to connect to a server. Say you don't have an active internet connection and just want to map, that idea goes out the window.

And not to mention, who would host it, where would it be hosted and why would someone agree to host it? You would need a bloody good server to be able to handle all those players at once. I don't think devs would be willing to spend their money on a feature which would have more restrictions and negatives compared to positives and uses.

I'd rather keep it the same, so we're able to do what we want. Plus, keeping it the way it is saves money.

It is a really dumb idea, MTA will never go for this idea.

to support hundreds/thousands of people.

MTA has a lot more than thousands of people...

Hmm.. "it would need a very powerful host" - I don't think so. Players could be hidden when they are away from us and they shouldn't be showed all.. If 325 players turn on MTA then they're spawning and it could be laggy for someone

WTF? It would need a powerful host, the server would need to be able to handle all the players positions and the performance of the server barely even changes when they are bunched up!

Mr.Pres[T]ege ( you don't look as a thief :) )

Mr Prestege is one of the biggest post count whores here, I really doubt he can be trusted...

but I don't think that someone want to steal this scripts for doing copy MTA Lobby

Lobby scripts are super easy to make!

I don't even need to disagree with the idea, mta devs will never waste their time on this (Unless you pay for the lobby server hosting)

How about changing it so it would be on the main menu of the MTA interface for example on top of “Map Editor” It would say “MTA WORLD” you would click it and then you can enter the server. There could be special features for this like buying clothes, buying houses and cars. But this is with Real money (donations) giving the money to MTA team. Would that work?