True Crime: Streets of L.A. Pc Version Announced

TwwIX

Several sites are reporting that Activision has just announced that they're bringing True Crime: Streets of L.A. to the PC this spring. "The new version will take the driving, fighting and shooting action online with all-new multiplayer features, as well as new weapons and unlockable characters when gamers have their chance to take on the L.A. underworld this spring.

Here's some more info

True Crime: Streets of L.A. for the PC will feature online multiplayer gameplay. Using either Gamespy or a Local Area Network (LAN), up to four players can join up and play any of five different multiplayer games. Drawing from the characters in the single player portion of True Crime, gameplay will vary from the "Fast and Furious" style of "Street Racing" mode, to patrolling the city and bagging the most criminals in "The Beat." Other multiplayer games include hand-to-hand combat in "Dojo Master," slaughtering opponents with new weapons such as a rocket launcher or crossbow in "Battle Master," and Los Angeles wouldn't be complete without a high speed car chase. In "The Chase," gamers can play either the police or criminal in a desperate race across the City of Angels.

The single player portion of True Crime: Streets of L.A. for the PC thrusts players into the role of rogue Elite Operations Division operative Nick Kang, a no-holds-barred badass, whose brutal reputation and lethal skills have landed him the nasty task of taking down the Chinese Triad and Russian Mafia cartel that have turned Los Angeles into a war zone.

Featuring a powerful 3D engine, the game allows the player to engage in a single player crime drama throughout 240 square miles of Los Angeles streets or challenge opponents in online multiplayer action modes. Gamers take part in explosive gun battles with double fisted firepower, devastating martial arts brawls, and high-speed shootouts.

Yay,driv3r and now this too?This is gunsa be great! :D I just hope that Rockstar comes up with something good to compete with these two titles and maybe even include multiplayer support in the upcoming game. :?

I cant really see activision doing a great job with this, though i guess ill wait till they release something - then again the last activision game i really liked was dark reign =)

Guarantee they will just port the game to the PC (like r* have) but I just hope they bother to add new textures for the PC

Have any of you played this game yet? i played it on ps2 andd i must admit it was a let down, you beat the game way too fast, and after thats done there is nothign else to do except if you want to keep driving around and arrest criminals, and that will get boring pretty fast, however depending on how much the player limit will be for online play it might be good, since ethe map in the game is huge , so one suggestion i give to the ones that want to buy it cause it sounds/looks good ,rent it first or borrow it from a friend that has it on ps2.I for one was gonna get it for the pc when i firts saw the commercials , but after playing it on ps2 i wont.