Creating a client-side directory.

xiti

Hello!

I have a one problem what i cant fix, is there any way to create a new directory in client script cache directory (i mean MTA San Andreas 1.3/mods/deathmatch/resource/), i tried fileCreate(:"..folderName.."/testFile") but this didnt worked and also os.execute("mkdir testfolder") but any way didnt worked...

If it is possible please help me!

Thanks!

Regards, Xiti.

• Moderators

simple, to save client side settings. (that aren't really important and don't need to be secure)

Like if the client enables shaders/ special effects etc.

You don't want to fill up your data base with that crap.

simple, to save client side settings. (that aren't really important and don't need to be secure)

Like if the client enables shaders/ special effects etc.

You don't want to fill up your data base with that crap.

This can be fully done with a simple XML file. There is even a community resource called 'cookies' or something like that, that provides a good example of storing data in XML files on the clients side.

• Moderators

yes xml file is handy.

But I like to have a full "decoded" version, build with a special structure, that isn't very easy to change.

my structure will looks like this:

gdsayfvsu*sbadfsdgia*safgsyvgdk*iusghidhad*!dsgfsid 

In combination with sha256 you won't be able to trace it back.

When I put that in xml structure, I make it easier for exchange and maybe add able.(outside the game)

Next to that you can send client scripts to reduce downloads. Like a special admin script that only will be downloaded by an admin.