Cars Spawning

-UtopiA-

i think they've got about all the cars in there right now that the game engine will allow w/o modification of the original coding, and as for the one car at a time thing, yeah i always figured each car should have like a half hour (tops) timer that if not moved zips the car back to the spawning point

no...

the way it currently works is that no vehicle is synced if a player is not in it... what this means is when a new player joins, all cars that are not controlled by someone will appear at its spawn location..

this "helps" in keeping things centralized. For now you'll jsut have to keep that in mind, if it gets too bad, just restart VC (you can still stay connected through the client) ..

future versions may address this, but we haven't had time to worry about syncing other vehicles..

Kent

i think they've got about all the cars in there right now that the game engine will allow w/o modification of the original coding, and as for the one car at a time thing, yeah i always figured each car should have like a half hour (tops) timer that if not moved zips the car back to the spawning point

Good idea. Have you thought of putting vehicles on the radar map? It is a pain to try to find vehicles, especially when some idiot moves helicopters to remote high points on a map so no-one can find them.

Of course, you can add 100 more cars to the map (hint hint). :wink:

Good idea. Have you thought of putting vehicles on the radar map? It is a pain to try to find vehicles, especially when some idiot moves helicopters to remote high points on a map so no-one can find them.

Of course, you can add 100 more cars to the map (hint hint). :wink:

There is alreaady this in the game :roll: ,just press right mouse button while on foot. (said in the manual) *hint hint : READ IT!

And as of this moment they cant add more vehicles because of limitations ,this is said 100 of places around this forums, they are however of course looking into how to add more.

And as of this moment they cant add more vehicles because of limitations ,this is said 100 of places around this forums, they are however of course looking into how to add more.

As always, someone refers to the search feature. I don't think that it's important to add more, but the spawning is the problem. There's never a car within 2 miles of spawn points because of people dying, spawning, and taking them.

and i think all those ppl on top are :o exept kent. y dont u learn scm just like i did and add some cars to the scm and submit it to mta team and see if they will use it in mta there anser done

gee, great idea, lets add cars the game can't handle and inevitably crash it....at least read what people type eh

even though the amount of cars for MTA is maxed out.. it might be kinda cool if the admin had a few "preference" settings in which you could select the type of cars from a list.. I don't mean to select each one individually but to have a few preset lists in which you have different cars at different locations and could select for example "car list a,b or c" and have the same amount of vehicles. And with a preset lsit, after playing a few times everyone would get the idea of what cars are availble, where they are and have the option visable to all joining a server so their is no unfair advantage.