Shoot from ALL aircraft?

chr15t05

As I was practicing flying like a lunatic with the Apache, I was thinking, why not enable weapons on ALL aircraft.

Any player knows that grabbing the Apache doesn't really give you a huge advantage unless you somehoe become VERY good with it.

BUT is ALL helis and planes had weapons (maybe just guns for Non Apache) then it could make for some good air combat in what is already an awsome game.

Just a thought.... btw where IS the cesner?

well, i think then would everybody only fly helis (mess up the whole DM structure)...

Any player knows that grabbing the Apache doesn't really give you a huge advantage unless you somehoe become VERY good with it.

what do you mean exactly? whats the difference from a hunter to a maverick when both got no synched weapons?

btw what IS the cesner? skimmer? :roll:

How annoyed would you be if you suddenly had your car blown up or you get gunned down from a chopper that his a built in minigun with unlimited ammo? Now take the anger x having it happen 1,000,000 times x hackers/cheaters being invincible and doing some bizarre/annoying/unfair things with it...

thats why. n00b weapon, cheater weapon, nuff said.

well, i think then would everybody only fly helis (mess up the whole DM structure)...

what do you mean exactly? whats the difference from a hunter to a maverick when both got no synched weapons?

btw what IS the cesner? skimmer? :roll:

Hunter (Apache) has Rockets and Machine Gun. Mavrick (Bell) has no weapons at all at present.

I see the points about cheaters and everyone using just helis.

Maybe if (in a non cheater perfect world) it could be a game mode option. So you can opt to turn it off or on for your server or game.

MTA Air crops :) (Maybe I should jusyt go find a good flight sim hey?) lol

The cesner (Dont know what it's called in the game) is the plane. The one in the screen shots on the home page: http://www.mtavc.com

Where do you find that???

my 1st interpreting: with synvhed weapons: it gives you a HUGE advantage, you can kill the whole server in min. 5 minutes.

my 2nd interpreting:w/o synched weapons: does it give you any advantage to other helis?

The cesner (Dont know what it's called in the game) is the plane. The one in the screen shots on the home page: http://www.mtavc.com

Where do you find that???

this one is named "dodo" and the one of vc is called "skimmer" but its impossible to bring the gta3 dodo into vc (too much work).

the mta team is trying to get the skimmer (waterplane) working for mta (btw,boats too) so dont even search, its nowhere to find in 0.3r2 atm

no, the weapons on the hunter / sparrow dont have any additional collision files or data, there wouldnt be anything more to those vehicles (physically) than you have now. except having other players know if it fired its weapons, and if so, the distance, and angle and rotational values from which they fired, to calculate where theyll land.

oh. well i suppose that could be done too, but ALL the weapon data is harcoded, from what vehicle has what weapons, to the firing position on the vehicle, there arent any dummy objects for them.

at any rate, cool idea though it may be, thats getting a bit ahead of yourselves, yes?

You seem to have missed the vital fact that the Hunters weapons have no effect at all in MTA, they are not synchronised so any damage you appear to be doing is merely illusion, to all other players you are just hovering near them.

AAAAAHhhhhhhhhhh..... I thought I was just crap LOL!!!!

Sorry, IM new to VC. So grabbing the hunter and blasting away with rockets does nothing? LOL so much time wasted. Wondered why no one else on the server had grabbed it 1st.

HA HA HA !!! Oh well, it's all good fun!!!

well, one time me and a few friends were playing, one hit a car and blew it up, and it just mystically blew up and killed me on my screen, perhaps it was a fluke tho, since it didn't do damage to me like it normally would have, just the cars damage happened to get transmitted? anyhoot yeah normally they do squat. and ass for all helis having weapoins, maybe make it into a gamemode "aerial assualt" or something lol

I don't think giving helicopters the ability to shoot is a very good idea. That would greatly overpower them, since they can outrange any weapon (?). And many people can handle helicopters quite well, so you would get, like said before, an air-combat, which ruines the fun in the game.

And the one with the Hunter would likely win, since that is the only helicopter which can take out any vehicle in 1 (actually 2) shot.

However, drive-by shooting would be a good idea though, that is alot harder to aim with, and you can only do that in cars and on bikes. I know that drive-by shooting isn't supported at the moment, but I was just mentioning it :)

I don't think giving helicopters the ability to shoot is a very good idea. That would greatly overpower them, since they can outrange any weapon (?). And many people can handle helicopters quite well, so you would get, like said before, an air-combat, which ruines the fun in the game.

And the one with the Hunter would likely win, since that is the only helicopter which can take out any vehicle in 1 (actually 2) shot.

However, drive-by shooting would be a good idea though, that is alot harder to aim with, and you can only do that in cars and on bikes. I know that drive-by shooting isn't supported at the moment, but I was just mentioning it :)

I totaly agree that is would spoil most games which Is why I have now changed my mind to "Make it a Game mode". Then you can choose to have an "air war" or not. VC is about freedom IMHO. Freedom to use what ever is around to win :)

i dont know about it being its own game mode, but i definetily think it should atleast be a server option if they do decide to include it. either way, they would be very overpowering, and should not be in the main modes, and active, by default.
I thought the reason aircraft weapons weren't included was because they aren't operable by the SCM? One sure problem is that the cannon on the Hunter and Sea Sparrow auto-aim when the player uses them but I don't think this would be the case in MTA, as the SCM would have to be operating this.

As for the rockets, this would be difficult as the angle at which vehicles are at is not transferred quickly enough (and sometimes the up/down rotation isn't transferred at all) and so would result in the person shooting the rockets seeing them hit one location whilst everyone else would see them hitting other locations. :?

In principle I'm all for them in normal gameplay as long as there is at LEAST one tank which can fire. That way you could shoot down a Hunter by finding a ramp, bank or other slope from which you could aim the barrel upwards. Additionally, the Hunter takes only a couple of seconds to shoot down using the M60, so people who took it wouldn't be as invincible as you might think! :D

AAAAAHhhhhhhhhhh..... I thought I was just crap LOL!!!!

Sorry, IM new to VC. So grabbing the hunter and blasting away with rockets does nothing? LOL so much time wasted. Wondered why no one else on the server had grabbed it 1st.

HA HA HA !!! Oh well, it's all good fun!!!

This is too funny.

You can tell when someone is trying this because they just point the heli at you and never swoop in.

• 1 month later...

I always thought the hunters weapons damaged vehicles...but anyway. Had a nasty experience with the hunter the other day....someone decided to go around with it and park in spawn buildings. Biggest cheater ever. Yesterday I saw a flying fire truck destroy 4 helicopters so even if all helis had guns that damaged they wouldn't be invincible. Still not a good idea though considering how well even a noob can handle a helicopter.

just curious why everyone is so concerned about helicopters having unlimited ammo? Heli's aren't that hard to blow out of the sky.... and if that's a major concern... limit the ammo or make it very difficult to get more. Same goes for the tank.....

yea, limit the ammo. and exactly how are we going to reload a hunter, hmm? its not like there are weapon pickups that give ammo to vehicles, once the hunter runs dry, then what? the entire point of having the hunter would be to shoot continuosly...

I don't think it's possible. There's no AMMO when you get in a heli, so in order to pick up the ammo you need to have a weapon.

I don't know but I don't think it's possible. People can live without refills - just blow the 'empty' Apache up near the army base and the new one will appear within one minute. Sort of simple, but will prevent from massive unexpected machine gun/rocket attacks.