L10n - AKA The Giant Translation Project

Woovie

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was doing some upgrades to the translate server last night for the next commit and forgot to switch it back on (doh), I'll ensure it's up shortly!

Sorry!

As for the beta test, there will be no 'beta test' as such. There will simply be periodic nightlies that include completed languages. I'll post them here when that happens.

Also, I'd like to thank everyone for their overwhelming support thus far! We've made excellent progress in a matter of days, and the reason why there hasn't been a build for all of the completed languages already is because I'm playing a little bit of catchup!

edit: It's up

Hey guys, as some of you may have noticed, the latest nightly is available for download here: https://nightly.multitheftauto.com/mtasa-1.4-full ... 130529.exe . It includes the following languages: Arabic, Portuguese Brazillian, Simplified Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English(!), Estonian, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian and Spanish.

Arabic is very much in beta and at this time it works extremely poorly as a result of badly designed GUI, but is available for testing nevertheless. Even so, I request a member of the Arabic translation team with some programming experience to look over the translation as there are several errors which make it impossible to ship with final release. These can be filtered in our translate website by filtering for "Checks" and selecting Critical errors. We could really do with someone who has development experience with an Arabic background to assist us with localizing the GUI. It's a fairly big task for which I know little about, but if I don't get time and nobody can help, Arabic may have to be pushed back for MTA 1.4.1.

Some other notes

• Dutch has not been included yet because I'm missing several main menu images
  • As with Dutch, Turkish is missing all main menu items. Please submit some localized images
  • I noticed for Slovak, the main menu has the same strings as in English. Is this intentional?
  • Hungarian mainmenu images need redoing. I tried fixing them but they lost a lot of quality as a result of been downscaled. It would be helpful to remake these.

I've added Georgian upon request. As for Tunisian, things are alittle more complicated. As much as I would like to cater for this community, it seems our toolchains dont have built-in support for Tunisian. It might be possible to do this eventually, but it's not a priority yet. We'll try and get Arabic finished first.

I noticed for Slovak, the main menu has the same strings as in English. Is this intentional?

I think that they just didn't translate it yet, czech and slovak are very similar and I think that every slovak person understands czech, so you could maybe use the images from czech main menu, they are all translated.

Some other notes

• Hungarian mainmenu images need redoing. I tried fixing them but they lost a lot of quality as a result of been downscaled. It would be helpful to remake these.

Remaked.

Before: http://rozsdi.weboldala.net/MTA/e.png

After: http://rozsdi.weboldala.net/MTA/u.png

So good? And 1-2 translate fix added.

Max and Rozsdi

That looks better. Before it simply was too small at lower resolutions

I've had to lock down the website because there's been evidence of abuse. I hoped this kind of thing would not happen but it seems bogus strings are being submitted.

Users will only be able to suggest translations whilst we review the situation. It was foolish to assume people would be interested only to help development.

Tisasa: I'll fix this issue for the next build.

The translations that were finished before the abuse, do we have to correct them?

No. Only registered users can submit. Anonymous users ( I assume ) were submitting bogus, but it won't be approved. Only users can approve them.