L10n - AKA The Giant Translation Project

Woovie

Wr2qUps.png.27cc54e9dad7b34d863a5303eee2c6f0.pngWr2qUps.png

L10n - What is it?

L10n stands for localization, literally. L ( 10 characters ) n.

But what does MTA have to do with L10n?

The MTA devs have been working on multi language support for MTA. And that's where you come in!

We need the help of the MTA community to translate MTA. Most of the community probably speaks at least 2 languages, English and their native language usually. If you do, well we need YOU! Translation of MTA has been one of the most requested features since the launch of MTA. We even had a small French release back in the 0.3 GTA3/VC days. But we want to have proper, multi language support for MTA. Remember, the MTA team is not doing the translations. Without the community, the translations won't exist! We are merely adding multi language support to MTA. The rest is up to the community to get the translations done!

To help with translating, go to our Crowdin project at https://multitheftauto.crowdin.com/multitheftauto. Registration is necessary for helping to translate. The way it works is that you pick text that you want to translate, submit your suggestion and one of the proofreaders will review it and accept or reject your suggestion.

Here's some screenshots of the site and how translating works.

Untitled.thumb.png.420b50fe3cc2d0318255ff6c8d9842bf.png

Untitled_2.thumb.png.47dee7ac4b90f11b4fef8983cd151073.png

Here's some screenshots for an example of a translated MTA. This is a Polish installer and in-game menus.

cigBWez.pngcigBWez.png.98af3522ee3381b35cf5afb267e7fdc2.png

b91FSMn.png.965cfc0e6606e69715877c323c73a895.pngb91FSMn.png

mainmenu.thumb.png.82843fc81a6eb934898b3eec1e9c22c4.pnghRv1z45l.jpg

Remember, it's up to YOU to get MTA translated.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello people.

I am a huge fan of MTA:SA and I saw nobody translated the game in Italian, so I've done it :D

I finished about 5/10 minutes ago. I had only a few problems with the main menu pictures but I think I have done well.

Great job for all translators for making MTA even better so fast! I'm here too helping out with Portuguese translation, but i'm stuck with the .png part. Where can i get HelveticaNeueBd.ttf for download?

And what about the people who use accents in the template? they got cut when typing them...

And can you guys open a beta test for translating checking... maybe people are translating things where they don't know exactly in with context it will be. So why not? We don't wan't scary things in the release. :)

Hello, I am translating Serbian and I have a small problem with Main menu. The problem is that photoshop template has a red frame around it called "Ghosting fix". While the .png image that needs to be translated doesnt, so the problem is that I am not sure if the red frame should or shouldnt be removed.

• MTA Team

The following languages were just added and are now available for translating:

Chinese (zh-CN), Czech, Estonian, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Persian