Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas 1.3.2 released!

Woovie

Welcome to the news, I'll be your host today! Today's news concerns a few topics. First up, 1.3.2 release is today! To download, just visit the front page. Here's the highlight changes for 1.3.2:

Scripting changes:

New client function: get/setObjectMass()

New client function: get/setCursorAlpha()

New client function: setFPSLimit()

New client function: fetchRemote()

New client function: get/setSoundPan() (for 2D sounds)

New functions: Bitwise operators

Added target position as alternative to setCameraTarget()

Added clothing component textures to engineImportTXD()

Added car number plates, road sign text, CJ body parts and unnamed textures to engineApplyShaderToWorldTexture()

Enhance quality on usage of non-power of two image sizes for dxDrawImage()

Added use of player element in sound functions to control player voice.

Scripting bug fixes:

Fixed: ignoredElement in processLineOfSight() broken.

Fixed: guiGetSelectedTab() crashes after removing a tab.

Fixed: xmlFindChild() after xmlSetNodeValue() can cause a crash.

Fixed: Client freeze when deleting of 1000's of peds or vehicles.

Game changes:

Client setting: Turn off selected sounds when minimized.

Client setting: Added aim vertical sensitivity setting.

Client setting: Added process priority setting.

Added glitch 'hitanim' to allow 'being hit by bullet' animation when aiming certain weapons.

Added 'sinfo' command to client to output server info.

Added 'showframegraph' command for displaying frame timings.

Added server multiple IP support.

Reduced stutter on big maps.

Game bug fixes:

Fixed vehicles losing velocity on race respawn .

Fixed a server browser crash.

Fixed smoothness when using server setting 'latency_reduction'.

Fixed PNG files with alpha channel sometimes being all black.

Fixed a cause of train desync.

Fixed depth buffer shaders not working right with mirrors.

For a more complete changelog, see Wiki: Changes in 1.3.2.

Up next, we have some information about the versioning of MTA.

The MTA team is working on changing the release schedule for version numbers. Currently, MTA gets a .1 increment maybe once every 3-6 months. From now on, MTA releases will be more frequent. What does this mean exactly? You'll see features introduced more quickly, but in smaller quantities. You may see a new feature every month, instead of 5 new features every 6 months for example. The purpose of this is to simplify the MTA versioning for the developers and community. This will also help get patches out quicker, instead of having to rely on nightly builds for the latest features. This is not promising quicker releases for new features, just that patches will come out more often, which will help with client and server stability.

With this new release system, testing will be more important than ever! MTA is a huge project, so changes in one area of the game can have unintended consequences in other areas - so every release needs a lot of testing. This is where you come in! We would like to get some people who have a good understanding of Lua (C++ is a plus) to help test new features for upcoming releases. If you lack Lua knowledge, don't apply, as you will be provided perhaps just a function name/list to test, and you will need to script your own testing functions to ensure it works as intended. This will help us get the patches out the door much, much faster. Of course, this is purely on a voluntary basis - you can do it on your own time (and we won't pay you :wink:), but your efforts will help ensure we release new features as bug-free as possible - for the greater good! We may be implementing a QA testing team again soon, but currently is still in discussion with the team. More information will come when it's ready to be discussed. As for now, using the bug tracker to post bugs will help a lot.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

I used the last nightlys in a row without even missing a single one (including rev-specific datafiles) and they were all very stable, without any sign of instability, which declares that the source patches are all of high quality.

The final release worked out as it should and is definately a good job!

I heard that this update causes major FPS loss. 3 of my friends said that actually. I experienced it too. Is it fixed yet? If so then I'll update.

I tried my best to debug this today. I failed to replicate the issue. I was experiencing drops with an old nightly. Didn't experience a single drop today playing 1.3.2 for about an hour. So I don't know what to tell you besides use the function showframegraph and record your screen with fraps or something to show us exactly what is lagging. If you can get the video to ccw, he can do a lot more with it. Come on #mta on irc.gtanet.com and paste the URL stating what it is.

I heard that this update causes major FPS loss. 3 of my friends said that actually. I experienced it too. Is it fixed yet? If so then I'll update.

I tried my best to debug this today. I failed to replicate the issue. I was experiencing drops with an old nightly. Didn't experience a single drop today playing 1.3.2 for about an hour. So I don't know what to tell you besides use the function showframegraph and record your screen with fraps or something to show us exactly what is lagging. If you can get the video to ccw, he can do a lot more with it. Come on #mta on irc.gtanet.com and paste the URL stating what it is.

I'll update to the latest build. Thanks for the info.

MTA SA 1.3.2 - The most awesome 19.7mb you'll ever download.

Can anybody explain the usefulness of bitwise operators in MTA, if any?

Edit: Also I agree to more, smaller releases as I've always felt that MTA releases are a lot bigger than they need to be. Also helps scripters and servers know what they can use if everyone updates to the next official release rather than hoping or forcing people to have the right nightly version.

Even if that means more testing, I've always had time for testing (106 mantis bug reports, hosted some of the 1.1 beta tests) even after working on map editor, official resources and the most popular MTA server.

Edited by Guest