Voice Volume

Dealman

I believe that Voice is a resource that has been left in the dark corner for a while too long now, I don't think people have realized the true potential of this resource yet. I only recently made a GUI for a "team" I'm part of which is working fairly well, utilizing GridLists for selecting channels, muting and setting other player's channels and whatnot.

However, that is one thing. Just one little thing that renders this resource pretty much useless. The volume.

I have never encountered a VOIP that has been of such low volume, even at 100% you have to turn down every other sound in MTA and then turn up MTA Sounds to increase the volume further, it would seem MTA Sounds has some kind of multiplier for the voice volume.

Voice is an absolutely great resource, it's really fun talking with new players on your server and what not, but not when you have to turn every other sound down and MTA Sounds up thus making the race countdown extremely loud.

Other than that the Resource has in my opinion surprisingly good audio quality with some minor stuttering at time, but compared to other games - it's amazing. Just get the volume sorted, that's all it needs.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, afaik there aren't any easy way to capture voice and stream voice across clients. Like streaming voice between channels, like a mini-skype. Something like getPlayerMicrophone() (or whatever) would return a sound stream, this sound stream can be played, sent to the server (and then back to another client to be played. hence people can talk to other people)

It would also appear that muting does not work as intended. If I mute another player, the player becomes automatically unmuted after a few seconds. However, I can still unmute him even though he already has the ability to talk.

Anyone else having this issue?