[WIP-Tool] 3DS Max Map importer by 50p

50p

Hi 50p maybe only u can help me.i have a problem with TXD in the new object :|

i realy not understand why not work.

The dff check in the txd workshop is ok.

Anyway this is the resource: http://www.mediafire.com/download/u4xj1 ... object.zip

Can u say me where i wrong please?

You're replacing model ID: 1327 but with your server-side script you're creating object: 1644.

I haven't tested the resource but changing the ID should solve the problem since the client-side script looks fine.

By the way, this topic is not for people to post and ask for help.

The problem is not server side,why i test with other model and forget edit the ID on createObject.

Anyway if this question is off topic u can delete my posts here now,no problem about this,and sorry.

Search other solution.Tnx anw

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I haven't touched the project for couple of weeks but I'm back to it and I'm hoping to make a proper model viewer as well. As you can see in the last video I posted here, I made an .img viewer as well, that means I can import GTA models right to 3DS Max without exporting the model from .img and then manually importing it with KAM's script, I just double click the file from the list and it imports that model for me. I'm really excited about this project especially when I achieve something I've always wanted.

I'm not sure if you've seen the latest screenshot I showed the guys on IRC, DuTcHtUrK, because yesterday I finally made a working TXD viewer for 3DS Max:

3ds_txd_viewer.png

Here are some more screenshots of the tools that will come as a package/kit (these are still in development so there may be more):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/437 ... viewer.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/437 ... terial.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/437 ... sample.png <-- map settings shown in the map settings window are taken from the meta.xml and these are also saved within .max file so that you can save your map in 3DS Max and re-open it the settings will load with the map!

I don't know of any release date but I'm sure I will inform you guys here. There are some minor bugs but I'll make sure they are gone before release, also I've still got to do the model previewer which will work similarly to the TXD viewer but instead of the actual texture it will show the model.

Have a nice day!

I was talking to my friend JesseUnit about something like this the other day and explaining the difficulty's to this and the goods of it but anyways

I would love after a while to check back one of these months or whenever to see this done like the person in the last post said this would really be a great tool for modders also for people creating there own LUA Games and those who use the same im/ ex ports

Anyways Keep Up The Good Work I'll Be Sure To Bookmark This Page and Check on It from Time to Time Would Really Create A New GTA MTA World For Modders / Scripter-Modders

God Bless You and God Bless All !!!!!!!!

( Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior )

Thanks for the comments, I don't see many people modeling for MTA nor creating custom maps in 3DS Max, therefore I've stopped the development, there was also a problem with a library I used to save textures. Also, for some reason x64 bit version of 3DS Max doesn't like x86 bit plugins and the library is x86 only.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the comments, I don't see many people modeling for MTA nor creating custom maps in 3DS Max, therefore I've stopped the development, there was also a problem with a library I used to save textures. Also, for some reason x64 bit version of 3DS Max doesn't like x86 bit plugins and the library is x86 only.

Man that sucks dude i was looking forward to this so much i was even going to remodel the entire GTA SA Models and Objects

but i was googling a bit about the x86 and 64 bit so GOOGLE is your friend i can't give advice as i know nothing about these things so its like speaking spanish to me haha and IM ENGLISH !!!!!!!

But hopfully you get your error fixed i would love to see this up and running that way i can redesign everything and basicly make new and realistic grapics for GTA SA but God Bless anyways Bro God Bless you and God Bless all !!!!!!!

( Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior )

What's the point remodeling entire San Andreas? If this gets more interest and more modelers will request this then I may get back to it and instead of relying on 3rd party libraries I'll write my own but it all depends on how much interest it gets.

3DS Max likes .tga texture with alpha channel better than .png with alpha. That is the only problem, I can't simply save images/textures as .tga that's why I need a lib that will work with both x86 and x64 bit versions of 3DS Max or snippet code that would allow me to save .tga from .NET PictureBox.

PS. Please stop it with "God Bless...", religion has nothing to do with GTA.