Maybe a good idea... about trafic and pedestrians !!!!

Guest michou-

Maybe the reason is because IJs actually thinks out of the box, unlike you, eAi. Out of all of the MTA Team members, you deny people's suggestions the most. You give up too quickly. You say these things are impossible. The truth is, if this has ever occured to you, is that they aren't. It is IJs's optimism and tenacity which led him to make the first MTA and come so far with it; if he had given up just because he ran into a roadblock, MTA would not be what it is today. You, on the other hand, could never have done anything because you would have convinced yourself that multiplayer GTA3 is impossible.

Posty leave him, he didnt just bump to say yeah its a good idea or anythign, he acttually gave a "possible" way to do it.I would rather peopel search and read the thread and post in it even if it is 3 years old, as long as it isnt anythign usleless , instead of making a new thread.

You can see that he searched,read the thread and THEN added his ideas on it.

If he made a new thread talking about this what would he say to him ? : thats right SEARCH , and thats what he did .

Smiddy dont mind posty :) he means well.

Posty leave him, he didnt just bump to say yeah its a good idea or anythign, he acttually gave a "possible" way to do it.I would rather peopel search and read the thread and post in it even if it is 3 years old, as long as it isnt anythign usleless , instead of making a new thread.

You can see that he searched,read the thread and THEN added his ideas on it.

If he made a new thread talking about this what would he say to him ? : thats right SEARCH , and thats what he did .

Smiddy dont mind posty :) he means well.

Grrrrrrrr. You just had to ruin my "messin with newbies" fun, didnt you :(

Maybe the reason is because IJs actually thinks out of the box, unlike you, eAi. Out of all of the MTA Team members, you deny people's suggestions the most. You give up too quickly. You say these things are impossible. The truth is, if this has ever occured to you, is that they aren't. It is IJs's optimism and tenacity which led him to make the first MTA and come so far with it; if he had given up just because he ran into a roadblock, MTA would not be what it is today. You, on the other hand, could never have done anything because you would have convinced yourself that multiplayer GTA3 is impossible.

Actually, I'd say MrBump rejects the most suggestions. The reason: he's the dev who posts the most. IJs hardly ever posts here, so he hardly ever rejects suggestions.

I've also noticed that the team seem to prefer small suggestions - most likely because they have their own ideas as to where to take MTA in the future, yet some smaller ideas didn't occur to them (e.g. an altimeter was suggested for the Dodo).

I think the issue is b0b0, I've spent a lot of time developing bits and bobs for Vice City, so I'm pretty clear about what it can do. When this topic came up IJs refered me to it, and I made a small app to see how well it would work. The conclusion was that it would be a massive undertaking to implement fully, and that there would always be problems with items being in the way of the predefined paths. I don't think you have any real basis to critise what suggestions I "deny". I've spent a huge ammount of time developing some seemingly easy features of our new core (thats weeks, working 18 hours a day). One thing that people may not realise is that this new core, is tottaly new, and as no-one has any idea about its feature set, many suggestions are unneccessary. I think that once the new core is released, we'll see the suggestions we recieve changing a lot.

eAi