Sign in to follow this  
RustyCuyler

MTA version version 1.3.1-9.05216.20130401 game pad bugs

I'd posted a tweak on the MTA Mantis a while back, and was going to post this there, but it seems I can't post there anymore, so I decided to post it here so those who handle things like this would know about it.

In the latest stable Current release version of MTA 1.3 (version 1.3.1-9.05216.20130401), any commands that are bound to the pov_up button are automatically entered whenever any GUI other than the console is opened. For example, if you have jetpack bound to pov_up then press F1, open the Admin Panel or any other GUI other than console, the jetpack command is entered and your jetpack is equipped or unequipped.

http://youtu.be/k6U4xfFKSKk

After I discovered this bug, I went into Settings>Binds to clear and re-enter several binds and also discovered that game pad button entries are not recognized there. For example, I tried to change which button the jetpack command was assigned to and pressed several game pad buttons to no avail. Only keyboard button entries are accepted there.

Posting an issue on the forums is not the best way to get it fixed fastly. Developers are mostly looking into mantis, so I recommend you to retry posting it on mantis.

Posting an issue on the forums is not the best way to get it fixed fastly. Developers are mostly looking into mantis, so I recommend you to retry posting it on mantis.

Like I said, I can't post there because my account type has been changed to "viewer," so I couldn't think of any other way to report bugs. Sorry if this is a waste of time, I just couldn't think of anything else to do.

I too am listed as a viewer, but I can start a new issue. Go to the upper right drop down, select the "New issues" drop down. Then you'll see a new issues button along the navigation buttons.