MTA version version 1.3.1-9.05216.20130401 game pad bugs

RustyCuyler

Question

I'd posted a tweak on the MTA Mantis a while back, and was going to post this there, but it seems I can't post there anymore, so I decided to post it here so those who handle things like this would know about it.

In the latest stable Current release version of MTA 1.3 (version 1.3.1-9.05216.20130401), any commands that are bound to the pov_up button are automatically entered whenever any GUI other than the console is opened. For example, if you have jetpack bound to pov_up then press F1, open the Admin Panel or any other GUI other than console, the jetpack command is entered and your jetpack is equipped or unequipped.

http://youtu.be/k6U4xfFKSKk

After I discovered this bug, I went into Settings>Binds to clear and re-enter several binds and also discovered that game pad button entries are not recognized there. For example, I tried to change which button the jetpack command was assigned to and pressed several game pad buttons to no avail. Only keyboard button entries are accepted there.

5 answers to this question

Posting an issue on the forums is not the best way to get it fixed fastly. Developers are mostly looking into mantis, so I recommend you to retry posting it on mantis.

Like I said, I can't post there because my account type has been changed to "viewer," so I couldn't think of any other way to report bugs. Sorry if this is a waste of time, I just couldn't think of anything else to do.